cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 Internal Server Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we recently added some java server nodes on our PI 7.1 (SP6). Before that we only had one java server node.

Now sometimes when we use the Runtime Workbench we get the following error:

500 Internal Server Error

Error in compiling [/mdt_soa/detailsservlet] in application [sap.com/com.sap.xi.mdt.soa]

Details:"The WebApplicationException log ID is [....]."

I think this happens everytime, when a jsp should be processed by one of the new server nodes. If it is processed by the "original" server0 everything works fine.

What can i do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Benjamin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have a look into [SAP NOte 1107808|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1107808]

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

@ Aashish Sinha: I don't get what this note has to do with my problem, because our PI system isn't a fresh installation. We upgraded from XI 3.0 to PI 7.1 about 3 months ago. Everything worked fine. Now we added two java server nodes and get this error. Generally the system should be well configured.

@sweety: the error occurs even after several java cluster restarts.

Regards,

Benjamin

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I think this problem is due to Java, better to install high version java software it will sort out easily. Why because most of the time error code 500 is due to connection error. Some time RuntimeWorkBench window can't open in explorer due to explorer version (Version 6 is suitable for monitoring, 7.0 giving error)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nallam,

the server runs on SAP JVM 5.1.20 and the error occurs with IE 6.0

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think 500 Internal Server Error is some connectivity problem... Check your Server connections.

Rgds,

Sweety

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sweety,

what connections do you mean?

Until now we only made the change in the configtool.

ConfigTool: cluster-data -> template -> instance IDxxxxx (host)

and there under "Servers" changed the value "Custom number of server nodes from template" from 1 to 3.

Are there any other necessary steps?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you restarted the server after making the changes.

Also, have a look into SAP Notes u2013 804124, 807000

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

yes we have. The cluster is already running for a few days. And it seems like every server is working and processing messages. Because the memory consuption of each server node corresponds to the load. But i am not sure.

Edit: The notes are not really applicable, because with only one server node everything worked fine. And the only change we made to the system are the two additional servers.

Regards

Edited by: Benjamin Ziegler on Feb 16, 2009 11:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly restart the Server.

Rgds,

Sweety