cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is default password for J2EE_ADMIN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We recently had an installation on Linux system.

When I access the URL: http://localhost:50000/ Index page for portal opens.

When I click on any link like System Administration, i get a pop up for password authentication.

It says:

Enter username and password for "SAP J2EE Engine - System Info" at http://localhost:50000/

What is the default ID and password for this?

What should I enter here? Is it the same I entered at the time of installation?

Thanks in Advance

Anant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

Yes Anant! For sure your password is same as you have given at the time of installation.

Try using that, which should work.

Please let me know have you tried to access the portal from the server system on which the installation is done recently as you said. You should first try accessing http://localhost:50000/irj/portal

In case you want to access the system from other machine in your LAN, it is always advised to give the FQDN instead of local host. (Fully Qualified Domain Name)

Also note that you need to make an entry in host file under C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/host in your machines to make sure access. Here you need to maintain entry with the IP adderss and complete path (FQDN).

regards

Kedar Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

But when I try that password, it gives message as "Not authorized to review the requested resource"?

Is there any SuperUser than this user?

I think my password is correct but its not authorized. Strange.

thanks in Advance

- Anant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

Please clarify what type of installation you have performed?

JAVA or ABAP+JAVA ?

JAVA -> User = administrator

ABAP + JAVA -> User = J2EE_ADMIN

If you have ABAP+JAVA but cant see system information, please check in 001 client (in ABAP system)

whether user is having role as SAP_J2EE_ADMIN.

Also check if role is green for J2EE_ADMIN user. If not you need to add/ activate the role for this user.

regards

Kedar Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for inputs.

The system is ABAP+JAVA.WIth SU01 and I assigned mentioned roles to J2EE_ADMIN.

The role mentioned is now present and green. I did not receive any error in front end login, only through portal URL.

Can you suggest anything else?

thanks in advance

- Anant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

I dont find any other reason for such behavior. Try restarting once, but dont think it will help.

One last check you can perform is checking profile activation. Check if profile dates are proper, and activated properly. Make sure that your J2EE_ADMIN profile must be active with proper dates.

Give it a try.

regards

Kedar Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar.

Thanks. You guessed right. Profile was not valid for date.

regards

Anant

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's works for me,

I use the Netweaver 7.4 with Java, and to connect with the login, I use the administrator user, password is the same that you assign in the installations.

Rgds!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, its the same password that you have entered during the installation.

Cheers

Deepu