Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Sender Error

SudheerJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a JDBC Sender adapter configured to pull data from the SQL database. This pulls data for every one hour.

Some times we are getting the below error on the communication channel -

Database-level error reported by JDBC driver while executing statement 'select * from HR_ExitEvents'. The JDBC driver returned the following error message: 'com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: An exception occurred during the DBComms.receive method. Operation:Connection reset. Context:(12) [XI JDBC2XI[CC_JDBC_out_HRExitEvents/EMSSQLServer2005/]_15550, IO:a82f3, Dbc:9b28b]. PktNum:0. TotalReceived:0. PktSize:4,096.'. For details, contact your database server vendor.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is due to driver or settings problem, check with your basis team it will sort out easily. For more information find below link.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/winsoft.html

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is due to driver settings problem, check with your basis team it will sort out easily. For more information find below link.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/winsoft.html

SudheerJ
Participant
0 Kudos

I am talking to SQLServer 2005 this link will not help me out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeer

This is a general error message that is raised whenever the SQL server forcibly closes the TCP/IP connection for any of a number of reasons while the driver is waiting for a response to a query.

This error indicates that the connection with the server has been reset for some reason. The actual cause of the failure could be anything from network (hardware) issues to a problem in either SQL Server or the JDBC driver or any software in between like firewall

Thanks

Abhishek

SudheerJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

What you said is absolutely right, to solve this i couldn't find any traces of this either on SQL Server 2005 logs or on our XI server to check out the actual reason i.e. either network or database rejection etc.,

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

I think the problem not with Communication channel,

some times your not data abse not available or you dont have prorper authorization to acces the Data from DB.

Regards,

Raj