Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server 6.40 on SLES 10

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to install Content Server 6.40 on SLES 10. As far as I can determine this product doesn't require further licensing if you have ECC6. What I'm confused with though is I can only seem to find version 6.30 in the /swdc. In patches I can see 6.40.

Can one simply install CS 6.30 with MaxDB 7.6.xx using SR3 sapinst and then use the patch to upgrade it to CS 6.40 ?

Thanks.

Nelis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nelis,

Well if you are interested in Installing Content server 6.40 on Windows please refer to Note 1039282.

For Unix: first install 6.30 on SLES,then upgrade using the note 514500

I hope this helps

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also refer to Note 1061103

Rohit

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the note which tells you how to install the patch. It doesn't say you can upgrade from 6.30 -> 6.40 simply by applying the patch but I'll take your word for it

If it only consists of those files then it should be fine.

Thanks.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nelis,

It does say this.

we dont have any other patches for content server

Also note 514500 says at the last

"For general information on the download of patches, refer to Note 330793 (reference comment 1061103 when you upgrade SAPCS 6.30 to SAPCS6.40 with SAPDB Version 7.3)."

When we talk of support patches we only content server upgrade

Rohit Goyal

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the note which tells you how to install the patch. It doesn't say you can upgrade from 6.30 -> 6.40 simply by applying the patch but I'll take your word for it

Yes, CS 640 is simply 630 + patch... no upgrade as such, just replace some libraries and thats it!

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes but the issue is it is a fresh installation and that CS630 cant be installed on SLES 10

correct me If I am wrong

Rohit

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Juan,

Do you know whether those Apache modules are the only files required for CS ? I need to know whether the CS6.30 actually installed something else basically before I go ahead and do it manually. Not being able to install CS 6.30 on linux X86_64 is my problem here.

Actually I'm not sure what to do with the whole DB connection thing manually, I'll wait to see what SAP has to say.

Thanks.

Nelis

Edited by: Nelis Lamprecht on Feb 17, 2009 2:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

so Nelis,

until u install CS6.30,u can't move ahead with 6.40 AND6.30 is not a supported version

Lets c what SAP says

keep me updated

Rohit

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, DO NOT try to install Content Server 6.30. It is full of bugs and very unstable.

I installed SAP content server 6.40 on Windows. It was part of the SAP netweaver 7.0 SR3 DVD kit. your PATH should be similiar for your OS. just run SAPINST and choose this tree:

SAP Neteaver 7.0 Support Release 3

Stanadalone Engines

Content server

content server and /or Cache server

Good luck.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know how to install it, I just don't have the right software to do it!

I also have the Netweaver 7 SR3 DVD kit but there's no CS 6.40 anywhere in it and I want to install it on a Linux x86_64 which according to SAP I should be able to do.

Still waiting for a reply to my call on OSS, will reply with solution..

Nelis

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Found an old SR1 DVD set.

The CS6.40 install files were located on the SAPgui Presentation DVD which explains why I couldn't find it before(besides the fact my colleague had it). Also for Unix you can't simply copy the Unix directory over, it needs the root with LABEL.ASC and you also require the CS_SAPDB directory which SAPinst will recognise.

Thanks to all that replied.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nelis,

I wonder if SAP content server works on SLES10

please refer to SAP notes 703171 and 586895 for more detailed info.

I would recommend you to go for installation on Windows

Rohit

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is supported according to service.sap.com/pam but only with CS6.40

I see the status is "In Restricted Shipment" ...anyway I have opened a OSS call so will see what SAP says

Thanks.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nelis,

refer to note 514500

I think you will be able to install

Let me know if it helps

Rohit

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The install configures your httpd.conf by adding the necessary modules, are those modules the only files used in the install of CS ? ..If that is so then will manually add them myself. The CS6.30 install doesn't support x86_64 either I see.

Nelis

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I suspected when using SR3 sapinst it's expecting to find CS6.40 not the install files from CS6.30 or the patch of 6.40 for that matter.

How do I get hold of the actual install files for CS 6.40 ? ...have opened an OSS msg.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

why dont u try with SR2 sapinst

Rohit