cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping of network shared drive from a SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to map a windows shared drive to SAP System. I have a windows server shared drive path which need to be accessible from a SAP System. The sap server and the windows server are in a same network. Is there any way to map the drives from SAP system.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My concern is someting like different !! My SAP system is a AIX system. I have some data on a shared drive of a different windows server and I want to access that shared drive from my SAP system.

Is there any configuration that has to be done in my SAP system so that I can access that shared drive from SAP system.

If you do need any more information Please specify ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe take a look for Samba ressources...

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

> My concern is someting like different !!

You should have posted the question more clearly then...

Anyway, if you need the file system of windows to be accessed from a UNIX platform, you have to configure samba.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-aix_samba/index.html

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/AIX_IBMs_UNIX_OS/Q_21794816.html

through this, you will be able to access the file system of windows on your unix sap server.

Do you need these files to be accessed by users through frontend gui?

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jazz,

Yes, I need these files to be accessed by users through frontend gui. Is it possible ?

Thanks for the reply, I spoke to our Unix team regarding this samba configuration. Is there any alternative way to configure ?

Thanks a lot ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, there is an easier way if these shared folder will be available in the same network as the user's front end desktop. There is an option in PFCG where you can insert the shared folder or a web link like a transaction.

Go to PFCG, create a role >> Go to menu tab >> Click on the "Other" tab to add other objects >> select "Web address or file" .

Here, you can give the path of the shared folder. Users will then get this link like a transaction which when executed opens up the shared folder on their desktop (provided it is accessible from their desktop).

This is the easiest way i guess according to your requirement.

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jazz,

Thanks for this reply, I tried to create a role and assign the shared drive link in it by giving SAP_ALL authorization. I am doing this in my test system now. After creating the role, my understanding is this role should provided to the user. then how come the user would be able to do the transaction to get access to the folder and what transaction. In the pfcg Role menu, there is only a URL available. So what should be a tcode, that a user can use.

Let me know. Thanks a lot again ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will not work as a tcode. It will be a link in the sap user menu which you have created in the role. ( Menu >> user menu )

He will be able to double click on the icon in his user menu and then the shared folder will pop up. There might be other better methods. i guess this is the easiest without much complication.

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can map as a network drive. please follow windows explorer-> tools-> map network drive.

hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should use snc path insted of mapping drives.

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Is there any way to map the drives from SAP system.

Do you mean mapping this share drive physically on the server which sap system is installed?

If so, go to My Computer on the server where SAP is installed >> tools >> map network drive >> and give the path of the shared folder.

Regards,

Jazz