Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role not active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are using CUA in our ECC6.0 system. Now we have a problem with newly assigned roles as described below.

User AA has a composite role XX assigneed already. There are some authorizations missing in this role so I assigned composite role YY in our central system. If checked this role has been passed on to the child system user AA should use.

When user AA logs on to the child system the authorization is still missing and I'm sure the missing tcode is in de newly assigned role.

To be sure I've run tcode PFUD (child system) to update the user master record but this did not sole the problem.

When I delete new role YY from the user in the central system and save and then add the role YY again it works....very strange I should say...

Anyone of you seen this problem before?

K. rgds,

Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Next time you have this problem, please also look in SU01D in the child system to see if the role assignment actually happened, before you hit PFUD. And/or check SCUL in the CUA master for unconfirmed iDocs.

So far, it could just have been an iDoc that didn't arrive properly......

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Next time you have this problem, please also look in SU01D in the child system to see if the role assignment actually happened, before you hit PFUD. And/or check SCUL in the CUA master for unconfirmed iDocs.

So far, it could just have been an iDoc that didn't arrive properly......

0 Kudos

Thanx, I'll check next time and post the reult here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keltjens,

Sometime i also face this issue. Usually IDOC don't make it completely.

Use SCUL and Distrubute the user mannually.

Hope this help

Regards,

Surpreet