Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing PDF in a different language

lavaughn_crews
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a simple way to convert a PDF document to another language dynamically for printing?

I've been reading that it's possible to change the display of the printed language but there's not a lot of information out there.

Regards,

Lavaughn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lavaughn,

I just read something in the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d3/2c6429ef0843d69ac1bcce4caea10d/content.htm">online-help</a> about creating the output in XFP Format, instead of PDF. Is this what you mean?

Or, I came across this part in the Adobe Desinger helpfile:

Saving a form design: XDP or PDF?

Adobe document services accepts form designs in either of the following formats:

- XDP

- PDF

An XDP is the file format created by Designer. Choose this format to submit the form design, any form data, annotations, accessibility tags, and all other relevant information needed for Adobe document services to subsequently render the form at run time. You must choose this format if the form will initiate server-side processing.

I hope this helps a bit.

Good luck

Jan-Willem Kaagman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lavaughn

as with SAPscript or Smart Forms, SAP offers a standard way for translating and thus internationalizing forms.

For print forms created in ABAP (provided the form has been created and released):

In the SAP translation transaction SE63, go to Translation -> ABAP Objects -> Other Long Texts -> Forms & Styles. Print forms are under PDFA. You get a split-level editor, which allows you to translate the texts you entered on your form. (Depending on your SP stack, you should only be able to edit the actual texts to be translated.)

The form is then displayed/printed in the logon language, if the form has been translated into the corresponding language.

Hope this helps,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

lavaughn_crews
Explorer
0 Kudos

With AS 6.4 everything works great.

With AS 7.0 the screen is a bit different.

There's a field for [Tranlation Area] which is prefilled with 999999. I get an error "Incorrect Codepage" when I select [Edit].

I'll need to do some further investigation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

one additional question to that: in case I add someting to the original form in the dev language, is this added element as well displayed in the translated forms and is it again part of the new translation to-do list?

Thanks

Uwe Grigoleit

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe

The new elements also appear in TA SE63. Once the form is released, a translator needs to compare the new version of the form in SE63 with the existing translation and translate the new elements.

Therefore, if you translate forms a lot, it may make sense to use a translation memory such as TRADOS, which greatly eases the comparison.

Best regards,

Markus

Message was edited by: Markus Meisl