Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

In our project Client wants to maintain more than one work centers for

one activity. So we proposed to maintain the activity elements, now

the problem is that we are confirming the activity elements but

activity is not getting updated. So for updating the activity we have

to do confirmation to the activity also and client wants to do the

confirmation only for activity element & not for activity.

The problem is if the activity is not confirmed the system will not be

able to do proper tracking of dates thru scheduling.

Is there any way out to solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The business process suggest that you should have different activity as the work centres are different.

Eg: Turning operaion of a Rod can be done in different work centers.... Marking, Initial Grinding, Turning in lathe, Final turning in a high speed lathe... etc... It depends on the business process. So i suggest that you should provide a solution like this. However if it an important activity then please suggest the customer to use the milestone function so that they can get better reporting of the process.

Thanks

Uddhab Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijeet,

You can use the concept of sub networks.In this case your high level activity is replaced by sub network. The activities in subnetwork are similar to activity elements and you can assign work center to them. The main thing is that the dates on main activitiy are copied to subnetwork activities and you can schedule them accordingly and importantly you can confirm them. Also the important point is that once you replace the min activity with subnetwork, the main activity becomes irrelevant for costing and scheduling (replaced with control key PS05)

Thanks

Sarang

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet Patil ,

As other member posted before, in standard the activity itself has to be confirmed, so that the actual dates (from confirmation of elements) be taken into account. Alternative there is a modification note from me, see note 378813 .

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Activity element provides detailes of the activities it carries all the information,data of activity .Even the have same dates as of activities .They have not dates of there own.So you can not schedule the activities elements.

You have to schedule the activity for date planning.But you can confirm the activity elements.This confirnamntion data is upgraded to activity.

But activities have to confirm manually .

regards.

Edited by: Sukhveer Singh on Feb 16, 2009 12:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Activity elements do not play role in scheduling. The confirmation of activity elements will not have any impact on the parent activity either. means it will not trigger the confirmation of the parent activity. only milestones can trigger the same.

I do not think threre is any way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Hemant Vaskar, I don't think it's possible to confirm an activity via activity elements. The customer will either have to manually confirm activities in order to do tracking (of mass confirm in CN25) or maintain multiple activities per task so as to have one activity per workcenter implied.

good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The business process suggest that you should have different activity as the work centres are different.

Eg: Turning operaion of a Rod can be done in different work centers.... Marking, Initial Grinding, Turning in lathe, Final turning in a high speed lathe... etc... It depends on the business process. So i suggest that you should provide a solution like this. However if it an important activity then please suggest the customer to use the milestone function so that they can get better reporting of the process.

Thanks

Uddhab Paul