Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time taken to execute the message is high

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

In my senario there are many fico interfaces. in evry interface the mapping part is very high. All are onlive since last 5 months.

Now from last 20 days the time taken to execute single interface is very huge. the sender is jdbc and receiver side is proxy. when we monitor the quies it shows executing.

Please suggest me any performace issues that need to take care.. what might be the reason for taking such a long time for example one interface before it takes around 15min to execute..now it is taking around 3 hours.. plz help me out..

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though I do not think db pb could create such situation (I mean if db consistence is ok, no missing index, stats ok, etc), please could you give us more details about :

- input and output structures (complexity ? payload size, ie nr of records)

- mapping performed (complexity ? type : java, xsl or graphical)

Have you performed some unit tests (one single message at a time) ? Does this perf issue also occur when XI load is low or the more loaded it is the longer it takes ?

Any sample would be helpful too (detailed sxmb_moni log of a msg for instance)

Rgds

Chris

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the problem is due to performance tuning. Before live we need to do GoLive check activity to prevent this problem. Better to work with basis people it will sort out easily. I think the problem is due to messages in systems. Archive all executed messages.

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Such kind of Problem occures when there is not enough in the databse in which your messages are getting stored.

I think you need to chck the space left in the database to persist the messages.

Reorgnize them if required. Delete Messages from the Database (using Reports).

Thanks

Sunil Singh

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Thanks a lot for the reply..Please help how to delete ot achive the messages from the database. As from 5 months i have't done any such activity..

if i need to do what all the activitys i need to perform.

i have check the oraarc directory there is enoufgh space as of now (16gb)..

is this the directory where all the messages are stored.

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Try Deleting the arch file (Oracle database).

can You tell me the size of the File which is processed in cource of it...

If it is too large try Performing this Configuration:

/people/william.li/blog/2008/03/07/step-by-step-guide-in-processing-high-volume-messages-using-pi-71s-message-packaging

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9056c89c-1a2e-2a10-8a99-eae154e7...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/42/e7bb8f7c9d3ee0e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

BR,

Sainath

Edited by: Sainath Chutke on Feb 16, 2009 10:26 AM

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Run the Report RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES it will delete all the messages from the INtegration Engine.

just check out the entries in following tables

SXMSPMAST

SXMSPERROR

SXMSPEMAS

Thanks

Sunil Singh

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

There could be many reasons for this but before anything else please go through the document by the name of PI Best practices: Sizing and performance tuning. This would surely help in sorting out your problem.

Rgds

joel

Rwd points would be appreciated.