Did you mean: 

Object dependency and QM inspection charecteristics and Batch Charecteristi

former_member225637
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have a queestion regarding Object Dependecy

can any one give me some scenario , how object dependecy is used in QM module

specially batch charectersics link with MIC and batch search strategy in PP or MM

i know in varient configuration we use Object dependecy and we assign in bom for selection or pre condition , but in QM just wonder how it is used

Thanks & Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

Object Dependency between Batch Characteristic and QM Inspection Characteristic.

The idea is to classify Batch using characteristic values from QM inspection. The stating Point is the link between Class Chracteristic of Material (handled in batches) and Master Inspection

Chracteristic assigned in Material Specification.That is MIC is assigned in Material Specification and also in the Class Characteristic of the Material with Class Type as Batch.

STEPS

1.Assign MIC to Material Specification.

2.Assign MIC as class Characteristic in the Class type "Batch" of the Material.

3.In the Inspection type enable Inspection with Material Specification.

4.When a Inspection Lot is formed (during any logistical Process);Inspection Characteristic is copied from the Material Specification to the Lot - Normal Process

5.When UD is taken and saved this Inspection Result flows from here to the Material Classification view of the MM.

6.When Batch Classification is called, Batch is classified according to the result of the Quality Inspection.

You may follow standard IDES QM excercises for scenarios with the help of following document:

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/IDES/IDESQMD/IDESQMD.pdf

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

RKM.

former_member225637
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Thanks for your kind information

But my question is how can we use Object dependecy in handling batches in QM,PP or MM module

Meaning , during batch search stratergy can we able to use this OD or it is used some where in QM module itself

what i know we can use in variant configuratuion in boms and routings

Is there any usage in QM batches or PP batches or MM batches

Thanks & Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Object dependencies

If an inspection using the batch determination has been planned for the outbound delivery, the inspection specifications that have been defined in batch determination are included (together with the specifications from the task list and the material specification) when an inspection lot is created in the sales area.

If there are inspection specifications from both batch determination and the task list or material specification that are relevant for the characteristic, the specifications from batch determination take precedence over those from the material specification. The specifications from the latter, in turn, take precedence over those from the task list.

There are prerequisites for including inspection specifications from batch determination.

Hope this throws some more light on the topic.

Thanks,

RKM.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member225637
Active Participant
0 Kudos

closed