cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS/MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have ESS/MSS already set up on 3 environments DEV, QA and PROD. We have personalized many iViews for ESS/MSS on portal.

Now, we feel that we need NWDI in order to carry out some changes that won't be handled by simple personlization.

My questions are:

1. The tracks need the HR package deployment again. Would this result in losing the personlization already in place on portal.

2. Is it possible to use the existing configuration that already exists on DEV to import the content to the tracks so that we get all the personlizations in place.

Seeking quick help from SDN

Regards,

Murtuza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any hint from any of my friends?

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

1. The tracks need the HR package deployment again. Would this result in losing the

personlization already in place on portal.

No, re-deployment of HR package does not have any affect on the personalisation in place on portal. Even if you do some customisation in NWDI and then deploy it on to the portal, it will not affect the simple personalisation.

2. Is it possible to use the existing configuration that already exists on DEV to import the

content to the tracks so that we get all the personlizations in place

I am not sure about this, But when we tried to do this, we only got the original configuration of ESS but not the exisiting ones.

I hope this helps you and clears your queries.

Regards,

PG.