cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery of web dynpro application(s)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed several web dynpro (java) applications (under different project). I need to deliver these applications to my client. Is it possible to integrate them and make a single executable/deployable file, so that the client gets all the application(s) in their system. If not, in which format these files have to be provided to the client? explain the process of how to deliver web dynpro application(s).

Regards,

Srinivasan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivasan,

I would recommend you to use NWDI - it's a little bit harder to create environment, but then you'll benefit a lot from it, including solution for your problem, team work and much more.

As soon as you WebDynpro components are part of a Software Component - you just call "Assembly" in CMS web UI and get single package in form of .SCA file, which would include all your WebDynpros together - so you may provide one file to the customer.

The .SCA, .SDA, .EAR files are deployable with help of SDM (Software Deployment Manager - you either know it, or would get know it when preparing NWDI ), which also takes care of components dependencies (i.e. if one of your WebDynpros depends on another, order of deployment is important), checks versions - you may specify e.g. not to update components, if customer already have more recent versions, etc.

Best regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally we deploy .ear files in the server. I dont know if its possible or how to club all the .ears into one.

Now u can take all the .ear files in ur project folder and deploy it through Visual admin.

1. Open visual admin (go.bat) and log into that.

2. In Services u will find Deploy node.

3. On selecting that u will find a window in right.

4. Click Deploy or Deploy and Start and specify the path of the .ear files and press OK.

Regards,

Piyush.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though the applications are different, they are inter-related. Hence, I need them to club under one umbrella and deliver the same to client. Can u elaborate on the procedure of making available an application to a client? I mean the files to be delivered (which can be executed/deployed), so that the client get the complete functional application.

Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope u know that each application will have an EAR. U can hand over these EARs to ur client and tell them the procedure to deploy it through Visual Admin. Even if the applications are inter related, once all the EARs are deployed it will work fine. R u using any EJBs?

Now the procedure to deploy through Visual Admin(VA) is:

1. First log into VA.

2. Under 'Server - Services' u will find 'Deploy' service.

3. Click 'Deploy' or 'Deploy and Start' button and specify the location of EAR. (If any Webdynpro application is using any EJB, then first deploy that. The procedure is same. Also if u r using any external jar file u have to specify it in 'Additional Classpath').

4. Click 'OK' button and proceed.

5. At last in the right hand side window, under Webdynpro applications u will find the application deployed.

6. Now press 'Start' button to start the application.

Now to open VA there is a GO.bat file (i dont remember the exact location, but its in folder 'usr->.... admin->...'. Just give a search).

Regards,

Piyush.

PS: U start with it, u will understand.