Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling in SAP-PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Plz advice me for below senerio

We hv power plant. it will undergoing 15 days shutdown per year for preventive maintenance. this 15 day will be very critical.the plant should start on 16 days.now they are using Primevera for scheduling and monitoring 15 days day to day activities. The project hv 950 activities and they hv duration and relation ship. during 15days shut down period we will entering ( confirming) activities duration and rescheduling the project in primevera.

Plz suggest me is SAP PS advicible for above project for scheduling , monitoring and confirmation over primevera because we hv 950 activities.

regards

KP..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KP,

Since its a very short duration the effort spend and optimum utilization of resources on SAP-PS visa-a-vis Primavera could be acertained by the business process owner only. However one thing is clear that SAP-PS will require more effort and more integrated with other modules of ERP and will get a better report regarding the utilisation, controlling and monitoring of resouces.

My point wise reply to your query are:

1. SAP-PS gives the leverage to have relationships with different activities

2. The activities can be partially confirmed and the report generation can be done based on confirmation

3. Specific milestones can be attached with the activities so that you can monitor the completion of main activiteis in the project., etc

Regards,

Uddhab Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

when i rescheduling the project after minor changes in duration the system changing the basic date of WBS and Project Def. but i dont want to change WBS and Project Def basic dates. i chosen Bottom up planning senerio

Regards

KP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should select the Do not change basic dates in scheduling parameter for WBS scheduling.

just untick the checkbox Indicator: Adjust Basic Dates.

Edited by: Sukhveer Singh on Feb 16, 2009 1:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI

i tried above one. i uncheck the adjust basic date in parameter wbs sheduling.but my project and wbs basic date still changing to sheduled dates. and also i want the start and finish date should not change in project , wbs and network if i reshedule. in activity also latest finish date will be basic finish date after i reshedule.

regards

KP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In your case select free scheduling. If you use bottom up scheduling and hope for dates not to change then it defeats the entire purpose of bottom up scheduling.

Regards

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Ihv tried that way it is working.

At intial stage( creating project ) i chose bottom up planning and after i changed to free scheduling. it wl not changing the basic dates of WBS but changing the Project dates.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

For 15 days shutdown projects, I will suggest you to use Primavera, as it is very easy to use, usefriendly, and Primavera is master in Scheduling, you can upload all the data after 15 days scheduling done in Primavera to SAP PS.

Regards,

ANSAR

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Key strengths of Primavera:

1) Powerful features to maintain, update and schedule complex project structures

2) Cost effective solution for specific needs of analytical and intuitive Project planning & monitoring processes

3) Preferred by planners to plan, simulate and update project structures schedules and other key parameters

4) Useful for collaboration among various project agencies which comprise small-scale contractors / vendors

5) Easy to learn & use graphical interface

6) Easier to install and maintain

7) A proven, reliable way to manage projects of all sizes

😎 Industry norm for sharing project planning & progress information u2013 Necessary for Client Reporting

Key Strengths of SAP PS

1) Real time integration of Enterprise transactions related to

-Materials -Costs -Resources

2) Range of exclusive features adding value to business processes

-BOM - PS interface

-Processing of Purchasing cycle

-Cross Application Time-sheets (CATS)

3) Billing procedures and fulfillment of accounting requirements

4) Cash flow Monitoring

5) Reliable project performance reporting with drill-downs to lowest level transaction details

6) High level of Data integrity andu2013 compliance to corporate security policies

7) Highly efficient for standardized tasks

😎 Easy integration with other systems via ALE / I-Docs

Then integrating both the application using Inspire can benefit us over the following limitations:

Limitations of u2018Stand Aloneu2019 processes in Primavera and SAP

1) Non-value adding manual efforts needed to update each application with data from the other application

2) Risk of Primavera and SAP project structures becoming disparate entities as tasks are performed in respective applications with no synchronization of u2018Project Executionu2019 and u2018Project Purchasing & Controllingu2019 perspectives

3) High quality plan and schedule in Primavera may not have actual transaction data to close planning loop; Efficiently executed SAP transactions may not have dynamic linkage with latest plan updates and finer details of project tasks.

4) u2018Sub-optimalu2019 business process split across technical landscapes can not leverage on individual strengths of good business applications

Regards,

Ansar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

In SAP-pS there is scheduling option you can give normal duration in days and then you have to connect these activities to reletionship which is FS,SS,SF,FF then you can schedule the whole project.All the activites get scheduled and date of these activities give the earliest start and finish date acording to farward or backword scheduling.

These dates can be extrapolated to the WBS element level and whole project can be scheduled .

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

what about confirmation. can i confirm only duration of activity without work ?? i hv tried confirming only duration with degree og processing 10%, 20% etc. but in CN41 report showing %dur wrong result

Plz advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear,

you can confirm the activity partially.

By partial confirnmation you can confirm these activity paritally.By percenrage of 10% ,20%.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Change the scheduling type to "Maintain manually" and then enter confirmation for duration without work. This should work.

Regards

Renjith