cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have a scenario where we are doing the Demand planning and BI is the Datawarehouse . In Demand planning we need Some Lag Reports . As i am new to Demand Planning i didn't know much about Lag Reports . So can anybody give some idea about it . i mean any documentation any link or the procedure how to create it in query designer ??

Thanks in Advance

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what I understand, Lag reports are based on monthly snapshots of DP Livecache data. Eg. if the current month is Feb, Lag 1 is the forecast for the month of Feb as it existed in Jan. You would get this from the request corresponding to the monthly snapshot of Jan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Please use the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/0e/ee2c42ad5e5133e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Kindly confirm whether this link is useful to you

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil ,

I know about how to create query . I want to know about the Lag queryies which are used in Demand planning ..

Thanks

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lag reports are basically used to check the forecast accuracy. Let me explain you with an example. Say you have generated final forecast for the month of Feb. you will calculate the lag forecast for next 3 months say Lag1, Lag2, Lag3 (this calculation depends on the client..it could be some macro calculations or directly using the forecast values as Lag forecast).say Lag1 is the forecast for March, lag2 for april, lag3 for may. Sanpshots will be taken and are saved in a Infocube.

Now when they get final forecast for the next month in march..they will compare the current forecast in march with the lag1 forecast taken in Feb. Users will run BW queries (Reports) to check the forecast accuracy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I understood the concept of LAG but how can i implement it in BI reports . that i am not able to understand . Can anybody explain me the complete procedure how to do it ??

Thanking You

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I mentioned ..Populate the Lag foreacast keyfigures, take the snapshot.. store the snapshots in a separate cube, say Lag Infocube. Build a query based on this cube with Lag keyfigure, your Final forecast keyfigure in BEX and run a query. Compare the values of Lag forecast and your current forecast of that month