4.Rules.

5.What are the main TCODES used in SAP AII

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

The anwers are:

1) Tag Commissioning: Tag Commissioning is the process of writing the EPC code and some other data onto the barcodes/2-D Barcodes/RFID tags. (SAP AII supports all three forms of base, since EPC codes can be written on all three forms). Please note: Tag data can be changed or added also in some cases of RFID tags. So tag commissioning can also encompass data additions. For eg. a tag manufacturer gives a EPC written tag and i write my company specific information on these rewritable tags. So tag commisioning can be different and stage wise in different organizations but finally it means a RFID tag with full data that can be used to track/know products.

2) Command: SAP AII is a rule engine based software. A command can be two way process. A command from SAP AII to a device controller is a notification to perform certain task. Let us say tag commissioning.

The other way, the command is a notification from Device Controller to SAP AII in addition to the event data. There are conditions defined in SAP AII based on which certain rules will run. Let us say we are loading 10 pallets onto truck. Pallets are RFID tagged. Now to know that load event occured i define LOAD rule in SAP AII (this will let me know that event occured. rule will update AII tables) Now device controller along with RFID data will also send "LOAD" command which will let SAP AII know to run "LOAD" rule.

3) Actions: Actions is nothing. There is Action Types in SAP AII

4) Rules: As alreay told SAP AII is rule based. A rule is nothing but some code that will let me know what occured. Rule consists of activities to perform various tasks.

For eg "LOAD" again.

"LOAD" will have activites

Activity 1: Verify various data. Device controller defined, device proper, etc etc

Activity 2: Update AII transaction tables/documents,etc

Activity 3: Send Event Message to EM (if present) or SAP OER (if present)

Basically main task of rules will be to update transaction tables in SAP AII,

send backend message to SAP ERP, SAP EM or SAP OER and verify data from backend (as required)

5) Most of the available actions are available as GUI for TCodes. TCode names are not user friendly (as ERP atlesat )

So better go for GUI based action and find out TCode yourself if needed.

However some issues based TCodes are:

slg1

smq1

smq2

sm12

sm50

sm58

Revert for more

Former Member
0 Kudos

may I know why is SLG1 used and also explain me what are the action types please

Edited by: Kumar on Feb 16, 2009 12:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

slg1 is one the most important transactions in SAP AII

slg1 is the application logs

It will describe:

1) What EPC messae came in

2) What rule got selected to run

3) What errors occured

4) What rule started to run

5) What activites occured within rule

6) What were there return status

7) What was the final status of the rule (successful/error) etc.

So you can know what all occured when a rule ran in SAP AII.

It will be first touch point for all SAP AII related stuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Action Types are used with Conditions of mobile devices.

I already pointed out that there are conditions based on which rules run in SAP AII

These conditions are defined separately for mobile or fixed devices.

Action Types are used for conditions for mobile devices

Basically Action Types in SAP AII classify what type of actions occured in SAP AII. For eg

Loading, Unloading, tag commissioning,etc

There are some predelivered standard Action Types in SAP AII. You can also define ur own to suit your requirements

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some of the T-Codes that will not be directly available via SAP GUi directly are:

1) Document Management: /AIN/DOC

2) Document Status: /AIN/QUDEL

3) Document Assignment: /AIN/ASSIGNDOC

4) Objects In Stock: /AIN/QUPAC

5) Document: /AIN/TDES

Please note: All SAP AII related transactions start with /AIN*

So you can also look up the same in se93 transaction to find out what all T-Codes are present

Please note: AIN in /AIN* stand for "Auto ID Node"

Thnks