Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager - Charm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am very new to Solution Manager.

My client already using Sol Service Desk functionality, Now they want to use Charm functionality also.

what are the steps i need to take to develope this charm to my client.

any one can help me out, point will be added.

Regards,

Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this weblog

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-management-scenario

This should give you a good idea.

Also check this pdf file, to know wt ChaRM is in SolutionManager.

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000508502008E/ChangeRequestManagement.pdf

Hope this helps.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

what are the pre requisites to implement charm in terms of satilitte system versions and all.

Regards,

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Configuration of ChARM is easy if one knows the basic prerequisites...but irony being nobody actually came with the correct chronology of steps to be performed. Even in the SM100 training ( at Bangalore ) this part is not dealt satisfactorily.

The following are the basic prerequisites for ChARM configuration in Solution Manager.

1.Solution Manager 7.0 installed with atleast SPS 13 with postinstallation activities completed.

2.Proper configuration of Systems in Landscape using Tx u2018SMSYu2019.

3.See that RFC communication between Solution Manager & Satellite Systems established.

4.STMS Configuration ( Mind you that you need to perform all the TMS activities in the satellite systems...not in the Solution Manager System)

5.As a part of TMS configuration you need to perform the following activities...

a.Define transport routes between the systems in system landscape ( Tx u2018STMSu2019 )

b.Activate extended transport control in TMS.

c.Deactivate the quality assurance (QA) approval procedure and activate the "Single Transports" strategy.

d.Activate TMS Trusted Services in the system where the transport domain controller runs.

e.Activate Transport domain link if multiple transport domains are used.

f.Generate RFC Destinations to Client 000 of all Domain Controllers ( preferrably all systems configuredin TMS ) using Tx u2018SMSYu2019.

g.Make sure that the operator and administrator users in client 000 of the target systems have the same name as their user in the Solution Manager system.

The above steps constitute only the prerequisites and the actual configuration part begins from here.

Regards,

Damanaidu J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That was very detailed and in fact didn't find it anywhere. Thank you very much.

After the TMS being setup, activating CTS in project and while in edit maintenance cycle.

How do we set for the status to activities, eg: 'Approve to Production' status in CHaRM workflow with the corresponding approval procedure&import to production?

Your answer will be very helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Jamuna Nithyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

I am preparing for solman sm100 certification programme can u guide how difficuklt or is that easy

I have worked in the solman almost 6 months like service desk configuration EWA and sl reporting activities

Kindly provide the imp details reg certification sm100 and doc s if u have

Thanks in advance

Sreekantha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am also looking forward to the SOlution Manager Certification in the near future. Would appreciat if anyone could help me find some certification documents to prepare and refer to in my current SOLMAN project.

Thanks and Regards,

Farhad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you take up the certification then?

What materials did you refer and also any FAQs?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to have a look in http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman --> Support Organizations / Service providers --> Change Request Management for getting a overview.

Check the link for the Charm [Overview Doc|https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000059722008E].

Which version and SP level you are using now..

Feel free to come back

Regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

solution manager 7.0, sp15

Regards,

Babu