cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order duplicate item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone help and explain me why there's a duplicate item in my sales order.

In the sales order document a variant component doubled from ITem 10, item 20 then ITEM 21 then item 30..... Irregularities of item number. The config was defaulted by 10's.

EX.

Item Material QTY Unit ItCategory

10 Variant 1 pc YTM1

20 componet A 200 in3 YTM2

21 componet A 200 in3 YTM2<<<<----

(duplicate of ITEM 21)

30 Variant 1 in3 YTM2

40 ................................................................

50 ................................................................

The config for numbering is by 10. What are the possible reasons why item 21 appeared?

Please help

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chrisell,

SAP ERP will exhibit that behavior if SCM/APO is being used to perform Availability checking under 'Rules Based Availability checking".

Look at the Item category of the first item in each pair. I will usually be 'TAPA' if you are using RBA under SCM. If the item category is 'TAPA', then you can be pretty sure this is what is happening. It is OK and is part of the standard SAP delivered functionality..

Regards,

DB49.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can i know is SAP scm/ apo is activated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chrisell,

As I said before, check the item category of the lower numbered item, this is a pretty good indicator. Also, if you perform an ATP, the availability check screen will be different than the standard ECC ATP proposal screen, and if you look at the system status when you are displaying the proposal screen, you will see that the check is actually being performed on another computer.

The definitive check is to see if there is an active ATP integration model for your material/plant combination. You can display IMs by using CFM4. You should probably enlist the aid of your local SCM resource as well.

Regards,

DB49

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it is possible to delete the BOM? and is so its there's a table whre the information goes to?

thanks, chrisell