cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order item duplicate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone help and explain me why there's a duplicate item in my sales order.

In the sales order document a variant component doubled from ITem 10, item 20 then ITEM 21 then item 30..... Irregularities of item number. The config was defaulted by 10's.

EX.

Item Material QTY Unit ItCategory

10 Variant 1 pc YTM1

20 componet A 200 in3 YTM2

21 componet A 200 in3 YTM2<<<<----

(duplicate of ITEM 21)

30 Variant 1 in3 YTM2

40 ................................................................

50 ................................................................

The config for numbering is by 10. What are the possible reasons why item 21 appeared?

Please help

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Since this line item 21 was added after creation of the sales order, guess, this will be recorded in the change log of the sales order. Please look into the details of the order change log (menu - environment - changes). If it is recorded there, it will show the date/time and the user who added this line item.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ravi,

thanks for your input again but unfortunately the document was not changed.

HI to all,

im still looking for any poosible reasons that might cause this duplicate item.

Thanks in advance,

chrisell

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

May be your item "componet A 200 in3 YTM2" have BOM configured, so while entering, it is exploding.

Is this problem is for this particular sales order OR for all sales orders you have created using this material?

Please try to create another SO with same material and tell us the result.

If it happens again, means it is material problem.

try and revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Yadav,

I have tried creating sales order with same material but the item did not duplicate. There are only 1 problematic sales order that duplicate.

Plase help

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it is possible to delete the BOM? and is so its there's a table whre the information goes to?

thanks, chrisell

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It has setting in sales document type! go to VOV8 & check the setting for item increment 10 & sub item increment must be 1's so that u have 21 in the item overview check the setting & modify according ly.

Regards

Mandar sathe

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ravi,

It is not manually entered, it is different from manually entered item. THe system just duplicate my item 20 turning it to item 21 which is also relevant to billing. Please help and advise what went wrong to SAP system

Thanks,

CHrisell

FYI...

item no. increament and sub- item increment is defaulted by 10

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Somebody might have added this line item giving the line item number as 21. If the line item number is not given in the sales order, then the system defaults the item number based on the settings in the sales document type(VOV8).

You have posted the same thread in two forums (SD General and also in SD Sales). Please close one of the threads.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chrisell,

The item number increment will be controlled by Item no.increment field in the sales document type detail screen.

And the sub item number increment also will be controlled by Sub Item increment field in the sales document type detail screen.

So please go to VOV8 transacton select your sales document type then go in to the detail screen here you check the Sub Item increment field, here if 1 is set in the Sub Item increment field then remove and check.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for you reply, but the item no. increament and sub- item increment is defaulted by 10. HOw come i got a item 21 in my sales order, duplicating my item 20? please help

regards,

chrisell

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VOV8, select your order type and execute. There you can see two fields

- Item no.increment and

- Sub-item increment

Most probably, in your case, you would have maintain for first one, viz.Item no. increment. You also have to maintain for the second one, viz. Sub-item increment.

Check whether you have maintained like this.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi