cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Events---WDA view is empty on initialization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I created a WDA application which will be integrated with Employee Search Iview (provided by SAP). Everything is working fine...only issue is that when we display the page first time...my WDA view is empty...untill we click on an employee....I want to get the first employee from the list and display his/her info in my WDA view as soon as we open up the page.

I cannot seem to find any info on which event this Employee search iview triggers in the initialization and what parameters this event passes on. Is there any documentation on this? I mean list of event trigger by this employee search iview and event names?

Once again...when we click on an employee from the list....we are populating the data in WDA view...no problem there....we just want to show data when we first come to the page....same as SAP does for its Employee search iview and general data iview....these iviews are from SAP...and when we put them together...general data iview fetchs the data for the first employee in the list....on initialization....but our WDA view stays empty....

Thanks...

J.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi J,

when we click on an employee from the list....we are populating the data in WDA view...no problem there....we just want to show data when we first come to the page.

conceptually you need to place method in WDDOINIT of default view in your WD4A application and try to read the first element of the employee list. This would be little different than reading the employee data from event, may be you can have some method in the ASSISTANCE class that attached to your WD Application that can read employee, data as soon as there is one available .

Greetings

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

is there any BAPI populating employee search iview?....if that is the case than problem is solved...do you know what FM is being used by SAP to populate this list? Or does anyone know the FM? if not than i guess i need to fetch that info in my application and than initialize my WDA view with the values...

that would be nice if we can get a list of all the events, employee search iview fires...

thanks...

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had the same issue a while ago, the WDA doesn't seem to pick up any sort of initialisation event like it's WDJ equivalent.

We didn't find a solution at the time, and just ended up putting some text in the initial WDA screen along the lines of "Select an employee from the Employee Search above."