cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Node Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I cam across a situation where i need to create a node 5 times for a particular value.

Ex: i have a source field under a segment, which i need to map it to a particular field in target.

and the target field is under a segment which is 0....9999.

and my requirement is i should create that target segment for 5 times for every time the source field occurs.

does any one have idea on this.....please help

Thanks,

MS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right click on the target field (which you want to use many times) and select duplicate options. Repeat this as many times as you want to create the segment. Do your mappings as per your business rules and you are done.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since the number of times you want to create the target node is fixed i.e. 5, you can right-click on the target node in the message mapping and then select the option of "Duplicate".....Do this 4 times (1original + 4duplicates)...this will cause the addition of the node desired number (5) of times....now once the node has been duplicated apply an If condition on each of these nodes (original and duplicate)....This condition will check the existence of the source node and if the source node is present then your target will repeat 5 times...

Repeatition of the target node is possible only if the occurence is set to 0/1...unbounded

Make sure that you set the context of the source node properly.

Regards,

Abhishek.