cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Contract Generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

We r on SRM E-Sourcing 4.2 and facing this problem..The problem is whenever we tried to upload a contract clause document in the E-Sourcing application it gives us this error msg "There is a problem with the Contract Generation web service. Please contact your system administrator".

I hv already reffered to SAP note 1011270.But its of no use.Word web service is running correctly because we are getting the Webservice page.

Can anybody please tell me what approach I should use in order to debug this problem..Is this a fault at the SAP side or what..I hv double checked that whether web service was correctly installed or not..and it is correctly installed...

I hv also reffered to the previous post in this forum..but again all in the vain..

Thanks..

Himanshu Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Troubleshoot of Contract Generation is a tricky one.

Would suggest to try a couple of things here:

1. Re-start contract Gen service (follow sequence of re-start refering to esourcing contract gen help/guide)

2. create a simple word document without any special characters or variables

3. try uploading this document

We have seen this issue earlier while uploading a word document with special characters which are not recognized by MS word service at the time of generation process.

Good Luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are facing exactly the same problem as Himanshu..The only possible problem seems to be with the word file we are trying to upload.

What we are doing here for test purpose is uploading an empty word file in or word file with default text say "xyz". Is there a specific format or word template available for clauses that could be uploaded? Please throw some light on this..

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi tridip,

Thanx for replying..

Our instance is On-Premise model.I have checked for the contract Webserver inbound logs but there is no log file generated. Instead I found a log entry generated in the C:\FCI directory which has this error :

"ERROR local4 com.frictionless.contractgen.transitional.SetDocBo$WebServiceThread validatePage(String)System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Frictionless.Web.Services.WordService.createLogMessage(AbsRequest msg) in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WordSrv\App_Code\WordService.asmx.cs:line 728 at frictionless.Web.Services.WordService.processDoc(ProcessDocMsg msg) in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WordSrv\App_Code\WordService.asmx.cs:line 315 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- AxisFault| faultCode: .................."

I think there is some problem with the fci-variable-schema (but I am not sure) since it is giving null reference exception..

My another query is whether the document, which we are trying to upload, be in some standard format .Whether it should include some tokens? As we are uploading a document which only contains some text..

Can you please give advice on above ...

Thanks and regards,

Himanshu Sharma

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu

If yours is

1) an On Demand solution, please open an OSS with SAP, they will restart the Contract Gen Webserver

2) an On-premise model, then please check the errors in the Contract Gen Webserver inbound logs, clear them and restart the system, this shoudl work

Cheers

Tridip