Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downpayment For Delivery Related Item.

kenneth_chong
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

I have basically configured the downpayment settings for both SD and FI. As of this point I am able to process a down payment request and able to clear the down payment request which eventually shows the down payment request cleared in the document flow.

After performing the picking and post goods issue on the delivery, and when it comes to perfroming billing on the balance of the order i encounter an error message 'Order ZXX and Item category TAO cannot be billed'.

I would like to know has enyone encounter such an error before in a scenario of a delivery related billing.

Hope to hear from someone.

Regards

Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken

As you are facing the error Order ZXX and Item category TAO cannot be billed' check the Billing relevance of item category TAO in VOV7. Also check with what billing document type you have done down payment request.

I think you have done delivery related billing where as it should be order related billing .that is the reason you were facing the problem

Check the link which has down payment configuration

[https://forums.sdn.sap.com/post!reply.jspa?messageID=5084683&useDraft=true]

Regards

Srinath

kenneth_chong
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

can an order related billing having down payment.

Regards

Ken

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken

Check wheather the Billing relevance of item category TAO is I (order related billing) or not . If it is not I then change it to I and then do the configuration then you wont face any error

Regards

Srinath

kenneth_chong
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

the link which you provided does not link to the mention site, it just display the main page gof the www.sdn.sap.

Rgards

Ken

kenneth_chong
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

conform the billing category for TAO is 'I', if I were to change it to delivery realted, the systems will prompt me the remove the billing plan.

Looks like by default TAO is ment to be for order related.

Have you seen in any scenario where DP is applied for delivery related.

Regards

ken

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ken

Generally the billing relevance should be I only . If you want to do delivery related billing then you need to maintain item category TAO in copy control VTFL and billing document type FAZ also

Check the link related to downpayment configuration

[]

[http://www.sap-img.com/financial/how-down-payments-are-configured.htm]

Regards

Srinath