cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message flow in XI using BPE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have some doubts related message flow when we are using BPM.

1) what are the Tcodes for message monitoring ....i know SXMB_MONI , SXMB_MONI_BPE. But i want the description how to use those options sxmb_moni_bpe .Is there anyoher tcodes to monitor mess in BPE....if possible provide tutorial link.

2) If message processedsuccessfully from sender to XI , it shows black pflag in moni.does it means it reached successfully to BPE in XI?

3)Is there any changes in message ids ...From sender to XI(BPE)

AND

From XI(BPE) to receiver.If so How to find the message id in second half.(XI to RECEIVER).?

4)Is there any queue concept for messages in BPE.(inside BPE)?If so what r the Tcode for queue monitoring?can we use SMQ1,SMQ2,SM58...etc for that queues.?

5)Give me clear idea...what is inbound message and wat is outbound message regarding to BPE.

6)If there was one sender message processing to BPE;In BPe it has splitted into 2 or more.Hoe can we monitor those receiver side messages...?

Adv Thnx

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

look workflow to know exact step where message fail in BPM and you can also find open BPM instance using tcode SWWL.

If sender Communication Channel Process sucessfully(look in RWB) then file would be recieved

by BPM Recieved Step.

BPM Recieves Abstract Message Interface only.

To monitor message in side BPM look Graphical workflow

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) what are the Tcodes for message monitoring ....i know SXMB_MONI , SXMB_MONI_BPE. But i want the description how to use those options sxmb_moni_bpe .Is there anyoher tcodes to monitor mess in BPE....if possible provide tutorial link.

Ans : As above you have already mentioned these are there to montior the same but apart from that you can monitor message in BPE is SAP_XI_BPE_ADMINISTRATOR_ABAP, but you to check for authorization in that.

ref1 : http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_NW04S/helpdata/EN/96/0a2441509fa831e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

ref2 : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/41/b715045ffc11d5b3ea0050da403d6a/frameset.htm

2) If message processed successfully from sender to XI , it shows black pflag in moni.does it means it reached successfully to BPE in XI?

Ans : BPE resides inside Integration server where messages are processed at runtime . Integration Server (IS) consists of Integration engine Engine(IE) and BPE. BPE is used to process message using integration process , and if black flag shows in moni for that message then it shows the it has been successfully processed in BPE and the particular message is routed to the defined reciever.

The Integration Server is the SAP Exchange Infrastructure runtime component for receiving messages and controlling how these messages are forwarded

ref : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/7b/94553b4d53273de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

3)Is there any changes in message ids ...From sender to XI(BPE)

AND

From XI(BPE) to receiver.If so How to find the message id in second half.(XI to RECEIVER).?

Ans : NO , there is no change , while a message is sent for processing inside the IS first the message is changed into XI msg format and that time only it is awarded the Msg ID by sender adapterwhich is followed through out .

4)Is there any queue concept for messages in BPE.(inside BPE)?If so what r the Tcode for queue monitoring?can we use SMQ1,SMQ2,SM58...etc for that queues.?

Ans : You can use the same but check this out

ref : https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0068bc1-6f8c-2a10-52bb-c6ee3562...

5)Give me clear idea...what is inbound message and wat is outbound message regarding to BPE.

Ans : incoming message (i.e message from the sender system) is referred to as outbound message while outgoing message(i.e message being delivered to the target system by XI) is referred to as inbound message. The frame of reference is always the communicating systems and never the XI box or the integration system.

6)If there was one sender message processing to BPE;In BPe it has splitted into 2 or more.Hoe can we monitor those receiver side messages...?

Ans: whatever be and how many systems are there , messages being processed are monitored either in runtime workbench or runtime engine monitoring sxmb_moni.

Awards rewards points if helpful

Thanks

Abhishek