cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order stock

former_member71163
Participant

Dear Friends,

What is sales order stock?......already available stocks are for sales purpose then why do we call sales order stock particularly?.......can I have some clarity on this?.....Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor

Dear S kumar

In simple to understand what is sales order stocks is stocks reserved for a particular sales order

Suppose if you have 100 of material X in MMBE in unrestricted use and if you want to reserve this qty for a particular customer A then make sales order for him and note down the order no and in t code MB1B with movement type 412 E you can input all these and save

Again if you check in MMBE this 100 will be sales order stocks and unrestricted socks will be nil

If you double click the sales order stocks you will get the order no and customer details etc

sales order stocks is stocks reserved for a particular sales order and cannot be used for any other thing unless and untill the whole process is reversed

Regards

Raja

upen_patro
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Raja,

how i can convert sales order stock to normal stock

i want to use the sales order stock for different sales order, Please let me know how i can do the same

Its very important for me , please reply asap

Edited by: upen patro on May 16, 2009 3:55 PM

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We can transfer the sales order stock to unrestricted stock by using movement type 411 E.

Regards

Lakshmikanth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sales Order Stock are stock with Special Stock type E. It can fall into the usual stock categories such as unrestricted, blocked etc. but "belongs" to a sales order. For example, you create a sales order for a part and assign a sales item category that generates an individual requisition, the requirement has an account assignment linking it to the sales order schedule line, you convert that requisition to a Purchase Order.

When you receive the Purchase Order, the stock is placed in sales order stock. It will show against the sales order/sales order line. It can only be delivered against that sales order line. Any availability check etc for that material on any other sales order will not take it into account as it is not available except to the sales order line the stock is assigned to.

Thanks,

Swamy H P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The stock prepared/assembled/manufactured for a "Make to order" is called "Sales order stock".

It is a special stock and can not be deliver for any other order.

The stock has been prepared as per the customer's specification, which is not a regular production for us and may be different from our normal stock(un-restricted stock).

Therefore, it is not included in the normal or un-restricted stock.

After the production is finished for Make-to-order, it is received by SD department as a special stock called "Sale order stock" which is meant for that particular order only.

So, when you will receive the stock in your Plant, you can see (MMBE), it is received under Sale order stock and not under un-restricted stock(normal stock).

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stock that is used for a sales order. It is directly allocated to a sales order. Components can only be used to produce material ordered by the customer and the finished product can only be delivered to the customer via the sales order.

You can manage valuated or non-valuated sales order stock.

If the sales order stock is not valuated, it is managed via a cost collector. The system does not carry out invoice verification postings for goods movements, and you cannot obtain an overview of how the stock is valuated until the end of the settlement period in Controlling.

If the sales order stock is valuated, you have immediate access to its value in Financial Accounting. The assigned accounts are debited and credited as a result of the valuated goods movements. From the viewpoint of MRP, the sales order stock is available for the sales order only.

In nutshell, in MMBE if you see any stock under unrestricted with sale order reference on the left instead of plant or storage location, those stocks are sale order stock.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi