cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Types for PR created in R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys

I have a query say I create shopping cart in classic scenarios which creates a PR in R/3.

how ever i have 2 doc types in R/3 for PR.

One PR01 for all Material PRs and Second PR02 for services.

how do I make system understand that based on my product category it has to pin point the correct document type for PR in r/3.

Say if my material group is for material system should generate PR with document type Pr01 and if my material group is for service category it should use Pr02.

Regards,

Nimish Sheth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimish,

The solution proposed in this post won't work in your case:

Using the BADI BBP_TARGET_OBJECTS to determine the backend doc type will only allow you to determine the follow-on doc type for each SC item: RS or PR or PO.

With this BADI, you set 1, 2 or 3 in ITEM_DATA-OBJ_TO_GEN.

But it does not provide you with the choice of the R/3 doc type (PR01 or PR02) for each "follow-on" doc type (PR).

There is a BADI to change de backend Doc type or the backend doc number: BBP_SC_TRANSFER_BE Determine Number Ranges and Grouping in Backend Documents

You can, independent of the standard, use the method GROUP_RQ to create a separate grouping for purchase requisitions.

In the standard, the system creates only one purchase requisition in the backend for all purchase requisitions with the same backend document type . If the document types are different, the standard creates a separate purchase requisition for each document type.

So you can use this BADI and its method GROUP_RQ to group material items in one side, and service items on the other side.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chris

In SRM we are have to maintain the PR document types in the Org Plan is it that both PR01 (Document type For Material) and PR02 (For Services)we have to maintained in the ORg Plan and also maintain the Number ranges for the same in SRM.

regards,

Nimish Sheth

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nimish,

As you have already seen it, this issue was discussed here :

Kind regards,

Yann