cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget (planned values) upload in sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I finished uploading trial balances,now I need to upload Planned values( Budget).Please someone shed a light how to upload budget in sap.Is it possible thru excel sheet,if yes ,how?. Can we use LSMW to upload budget in sap.

Thanks & Regards

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For uploading there Budgets there is no standard configuration as such.

However, to upload you can use Integrated Excel Planning. This will allow you to upload the data in excel. Similar kind of configuration can be done for Cost Center Planning as well as Budgeting.

Integrated Planning through Excel

=========================

If you are looking for planning I can suggest you go through the documentation given by Eli.

I would suggest you go through the following configuration steps:

To do integrated excel upload of cost center plan data.

IMG ==> Controlling ==> Cost Center Accounting ==> Planning ==> Manual Planning User Defined Layouts - Create your own layout or copy from standard layout and change it.

IMG ==> Controlling ==> Cost Center Accounting ==> Planning ==> Define User Defined Planner Profiles

Copy the SAPALL to ZSAPALL. You cannot change SAPALL as it is standard.

In ZSAPALL planner profile, select proper planning area and enter your layout.

Tick Integrate Excel.

Once the popup for KP06 comes, you need enter the data and save it. It would generate the file name.

With the same file name you need upload the plan data by using KP06.

In KP06

Extras ==> Excel Planning ==> Upload

Select the file as prepared in accordance with format at the time of generating the file name.

In case Budgeting, you should know for how many years, you need to decide in budget profile. There is no sophisticated, budgeting available in Controlling like per month / per cost element. The sophisticated budgeting is only available in Funds Management. Through LSMW you can upload the budget values.

However, the keep in mind the following points regarding planning and budgeting in Controlling module would be useful for you:

There is no provision of distributing the budget values on internal order KO22 on a monthly basis. It is only annual values or overall values. Therefore no functionality to distribute the budgeted values by monthly basis.

KP06 - Cost and Activity Inputs - Cost Center Planning - Monthly distribution is possible

KP26 - Activity output / prices - Cost Center Planning - Monthly distribution is possible

KP46 - Statistical Key Figures - Cost Center Planning - Monthly distribution is possible

KPZ2 - Cost Center Budget - Only Annual Budget - NO monthly distribution is possible

KO12 - Internal Order budgeting - Only monthwise distribution is possible if you maintain relevant element groups in detailed planning and unit costing area. - See OKOS

KO22 - Only annual values budgeting is possible - NO monthly distribution is possible.

I hope you are conversant with LSMW recording and uploading the data.

If you need any further help, please let me know.

Regards,

Ravi

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I really appreciate your detailed reply, I am well fimilar with LSMW and interested to upload budget thru it.Would you please explain a lil bit more ,how to use LSMW and how to upload planned values thru it.Which Trans.code do I need to use to upload budget.Thanks

Regards

Shaun

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are trying to upload BUDGETS use KO22 (You may consider using LSMW)

If you are trying to upload PLANNED values use KP06 (I would suggest you follow the procedure mentioned in my previous quote considering the complexity of operation - Use either Integrated Excel Planning or BDC)

Profit center planning 7KEI - (I would suggest you follow the procedure mentioned in my previous quote considering the complexity of operation - Use either Integrated Excel Planning or BDC)

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a bunch Ravi, I really appreciate your help.I will try your suggestions and let you know.I assigned you full points.

Regards

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I need to ask you that all of your described methods are for cost centers, but I need to upload planned values by GL/Profit center combination, What are the steps for uploading planned values by GL accounts/Profit centers combination.Thanks

Regards

Shaun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200240
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are looking for Investment management budget upoad, you can use the standard ABAP program RAIM_UPLOAD.

Excel is also possible and the required format is as per the BAPIPROGSTRUC dictionary structure. Use texts (eg leading zeros, etc) formatting and save as .txt file

Jayaram