cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_SHIPMENT_CREATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to use BAPI_SHIPMENT_CREATE to create a shipment from an outbound delivery. The problem is that when I try to create the shipment from se37 in R/3 updating the status of the shipment (planned, check-i, loaded, etc) the shipment is created succesfuly, but when I try to use it from the XI the shipment is telling me that it was created but I can't see it in the R/3, it is only created if I remove the status from the BAPI. Any Ideas of why this is happening? The RFC is called with the Commit so I don't thing that is the problem.

Other solution would be to use IDoc SHPMNT05 but the documentation of what data does it need is very confusing. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I try to create the shipment from se37 in R/3 updating the status of the shipment (planned, check-i, loaded, etc) the shipment is created succesfuly.

--are you manually selecting the status of the shipment i mean like selecting it in a drop down list or something like that? if yes. then it will not work with XI.

XI can only send data to R/3 or execute a FM in R/3, but it can't do this type of selections, so go for the IDOC.

when you use IDOC you will send the status in particular field (eg. Status) and the inbound Function Module will pick that value and place it appropriate table of the shipment.

Regards,

Karna...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Did you try to set the "Commit Handling for Single BAPI calls" at the RFC receiver communication channel ?

Check out : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Pooja Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your help.

You don't get dropdowns when you use se37 to test BAPI or FM. I'm setting the 'X' value.

I have already set the parameter to do commit for the RFC adapter, that is not the issue.

I was able to solve this problem, but the only way that I found was to first create the shipment leaving the status blank and after that calling bapi BAPI_SHIPMENT_CHANGE to set the status the status.

Somehow the BAPI is behaving the differently when you call it from XI/PI than when you call from se37.

Regards,

Pablo