cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI and PGR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

What is the difference between Post Goods Issue & Post Goods Received.

Thanks

Shetty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor

Hi

When we do outbound delivery we do PGI that is post the goods issued

From our stock we have delivered the materials to customer and that is out bound delivery and we do PGI so that material and accouting docements are created

Most of the SD process will have only PGI the only exeption is return delivery and in return delivery we take back the stocks from the customer and do PGR

When we do Inbound delivery we do PGR that is post the goods received

We have received the materials from a vendor to our plant and that is inbound delivery and we do PGR so that material and accouting docements are created

most of the MM process will have only PGR

Regards

Raja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Goods Issue and Post Goods receipt are a part of 2 different business process. In SAP, Post Goods Issue refers to goods movement for sale of material i.e outward movement. This is controlled through movement type maintained in schedule line level, for example: Movement type 601 for regular sale. Similarly, in the case the material sold is faulty or unacceptable by customer and the same is received back, we do Post Goods Receipt. This is controlled through Movement Type 651 (Ideally) through schedule line.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shetty

Difference between Post goods Issue and Post goods Receipt

Post goods Issue - When stock dispatches from the storage location then PGI takes place . When PGI takes place the inventory level will be reduced

Post Goods Receipt - When the customer returns the stock to the plant then post goods receipt will happen

NOTE : kindly search in the forum before you post any query .

NOTE : Close the thread once you are satisfied with the answer

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PGI-Post goods issue is basically issuing of the goods to the specific customer.It is done thru VL01N

PGR-Post goods receipts is basically receiving the goods in your plant or warehouse.It is done after making the PO or you can do thru MB1C.

Shetty it is better if you search the forum before raising the queries as you will get the resolutions of almost all the issues.

Thanks

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi

I am SAP CRM Functional consultant but i have to work in SD also so i kow idea about SD

Thanks

Shetty

SAP Labs