cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Command message to DC without tags

Former Member
0 Kudos

We will generate tags(EPC number) in DC not in AII so we must only send parameters other than tag,

and i use TAGCOM_AA rule to send data to DC.

However when i send a xml message from AutoID test tool attaching other parameters like document_no, gtin , quantity etc. of course i get error because of Tag absence while executing the rule

how i can send production data that came from ERP R/3 to Device Controller by xml Message in the rule?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already downloaded material master to AII and assign all GTIN numbers.I need to post xml data that contains gtin,quantity of tags etc and number range from AII to DC and finally Device controller generate tags.

But i dont know how to post data to DC , which rule i should use? , I think TAGCOM rule is for generating tags in AII and after that it sends EPC number to DC . but it is not my scenario

Thanks ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tuncer,

Since TAGCOM_AA does not suit your requirements you should define a new rule similar to TAGCOM_AA that can send the required data to DC

See in TAGCOM_AA i guess there is an activity called SEND_COMMAND_TO_DEVICE (or something similar)

I suggest you, that copy the rule TAGCOM_AA into ZTAGCOM_AA. Use that activity SEND_COMMAND* to send the additional required data to DC (device controller) and also use some custom activity to get the data you want to send to DC.

This will solve your problem

This will involve some development on your part

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tuncer,

Please follow the following steps:

The Rule TAGCOM_AA will contain the activity

DEVICE_CREATE_EPC_TO_WRITE: You can copy this activity into a Z activity. Modify the ABAP code in this acitivity to get GTIN, number of tags, number of ranges from appropriate SAP AII tables and create a EPC to write.

The next activity is:

DEVICE_PRINT_TAG: This activity can be modified to send the above data to the device controller.

The data retrieved from above activity can be passed to 'DEVICE_PRINT_TAG' and the appropriate data can be sent.

You can either copy a standard activity or create a custom activity. To create a custom acitivity find out the document "AutoID Extension Developer's Guide" for the SAP AII version you are using from the SAP Service Market Place.

This will solve your requirement.

Please revert for further questions

Thnks and Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tuncer,

Your scenario is looking very confusing. Please elaborate more:

On one hand you are saying the tags are being commissioned in the Device Controller and you are using the rule TAGCOM_AA.

On other hand you are saying production data is coming from SAP R/3.

Is it that you are tracking the tag commissioning event also.

My solution is:

If you are not using number ranges from SAP AII, then do not run the rule TAGCOMM_AA as its not necessary to do the same. However please define the EPC GTIN in SAP AII for which EPC ids are coming else SAP AII will not accept those EPCs. I hope you have defined the number range for the product (GTIN) in SAP AII. This might be one cause of the error.

Revert for more.

Thnks and Regards