Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return order-RE

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I created a return sale order with a rejection reason as poor quality but then if I check the header status particularly rejection status its showing no rejection....how its possible?.......and my 2nd query is in the same return sale order when I chkd the accounting tab(header) thrs an field called assignment with some numeric values whr for that field is? .....Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

"Order reason" and "Reason for rejection" are two different things.

Whenever we create a complaint document, we have to specify a an "Order reason", otherwise system will not allow to save you the document.

Through "Order reason", we indicate why this complain has taken place. This order reasons are stored in the system and used for evaluation purpose in the organisation.

Suppose, from different area one specific material is being returned by the customer and most of the customer have suppose specified Order reason that "competitor's price is better".

So, from this our organisation will come to a conclusion that our material is costlier than the competitors.

Now our concerned depatment can take corrective measures which ever is fisible like, withdrawing the product,reducing the price,change in target customers,change the positioning statement etc.

"Reason of rejection" is to reject certain quotation, order or few items in the quotation or order etc.

Reason of rejection can be set for the Header or for each item.

Suppose, you have created a Quotation for M1 and M2 for 50 pieces each.

Against this Qutation, suppose customer has already taken say 30 pieces of each material and to-day he has asked for only M2 rest 20 pieces but he had refused to take M1 anymore as he is getting the competitor brand at a much lesser price.

S, now we create an order for material M2 only for 20 pieces and we go to item details of material M1, assign the "Reason of rejection" as "competitor price better" and that is how I reject the item.

If I will not reject the item even after knowing that customer is not going to take that any more, then whenever I will take the list of open items this material will feature unnecessarily.

If I will not put the Reason of rejectionalso,system will still allow to save me the order. This is for my convenience.

So, now I think it is clear about Reason of rejection and Order reason.

Why are you mixing the accounting etc with this. I think it has no relation.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assignment field in the Sales order is given to pass some additonal value to the accounting document, which will give more information.

Someone might have set this using some user exit in your system,

You can check this number in the accounting document.

Regards

Raju

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

In the return sale order when I chkd the accounting tab(header) thrs an field called assignment with some numeric values whT for that field is? .....Thanks in advance

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

any inputs?.............

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not the rejection reason...it is the Order Reason that you have given as poor quality. Please check once.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear S Kumar,

Yo have to give the rejection reason in Return order only and i would like to add one more thing i.e. you have to give the rejection reason at Header level only. Therefore check one again where you are giving the rejection reason i.e. in std order or return order.

Regards,

Bharat B

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur input....as u said its order reason....then how rejection reason sud b given?.....any inputs for my 2nd query?......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

please expand your doubt so that we can help you in better way or else we can try..

Regards,

Bharat B