cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of Integration Engine in a different client than Integration Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm wondering if I can use another client's Integration Engine on my PI system to send proxy messages to Integration Server client.

I.E. my IS client is 001, can I create a new client with client copy, configure the IE on this new client and use it to create proxies & send messages to IS(client 001)? It is not a good option for me to install a second SAP system on the same/different machine, as this is going to be only for testing purposes.

Thank you for your input,

S. Gökhan TOPÇ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a proxy in my new client and tried to send it to IS client but now getting the HTTP error 401 - unauthorized. There're no problems with my users, configuration, SLD or anything else. And, I noticed that I have the same SXMB_MONI in both clients and also both clients use the same tRFC scheduler. Did anyone actually try this? I hope I'm not losing time with something that does not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Absolutely you can do it, as SAP also configure their PI training server to have other clients (from the same server) as back end systems.

Have you check the user ID that you use to connect your client and PI server? What about the configuration of your integration engine, SXMB_ADM, have it point to the right RFC destination?

Regards,

Lim...

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>There're no problems with my users

Aeh, no, there is a problem. Check the user, which is using the destination given in SXMB_ADM / correponding integration server. Should be service user PIAPPLUSER.

>I noticed that I have the same SXMB_MONI in both clients

You can select the client at tab "Advanced Selection Criteria

>also both clients use the same tRFC scheduler

Yes

>Did anyone actually try this?

Dont worry, this is easy to run

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ruslim and Udo for your inputs.

I had entered the direct URL of the IS in SXMB_ADM, so when I tried to run proxy programs, it used the user I was currently logged on also as the messaging user. Although that user has all the proper authorizations and is created in both clients, I still got HTT401 error.

I created an HTTP RFC and changed the configuration to use it instead, now it's working.

Best regards,

Gökhan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use another client to send data to PI. In SLD create a new business system for this new client and proceed with your scenario.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Prateek, I will do that.

Regards,

Gökhan