cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference for item categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

What is the difference of having Item Category as Sales Item Cat. and Del. Item Cat. (and both are same, like we have 'TAN' or others)

thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yogi,

As my first statement to your query, i would like to refer your one of the threads: Carry out Delivery with 0 Picking.

In addition to my reply in that thread, i would like to maintain the same relevance, in this case:

Picking (or Packing) can only be deactivated in the Delivery Item Category.

If, you observe both transactions, i.e. VOV7 (Sales Item Cat.) & OVLP (Delivery Item Cat.), you will clearly come to know that the Basic difference is, Sales Item cateogories are used to provide additional control functions to the items in the Sales Order, whereas,

OVLP - More Control over Delivery/ Shipping-Related Functions, in Delivery Document (say, Minimun Delivery Qty, etc..).

Item Category Determination that takes place in Delivery, at T. Code: 0184.

Delivery Doc Type + Itemcategory group + Usage + Higer level item category = Delviery Item category

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: More References -

[Sales Item Cat. and Delivery Item Cat.|]

[Item Category - Sales and Delivery|]

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yogi

The item category TAN may be same in both in sales order and delivery

But in sales order TAN carries out different control functions

In delivery the same TAN performs different control functions and it differrs as per transactions

In a sales order what all TAN can control can be seen in pressing F1 in t code VOV7 and the link given by the first thread

In a delivery TAN can control can be seen in pressing F1 in t code 0VLP (zero VLP)

Some of the major functions of elivery item category are

1.Picking relevance

2.Packing relevance

3. Checking for over delivery, minimum delivery and zero delivery

4.Picking location determination

5.Batch determination

7.Availablity check

8.Texts plus more

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yogi,

Some of the important points are :

1. In Order Item Category - you maintain whether item needs pricing / free goods , relevant for billing , Business Item.These all customizing will be applicable only to Sales Document.

2. While Delivery Item category - you needs storage location ,batch determination to be automatically determined.

If in some organization picking works,then select the check box in Delivery Item Category.

Must be it helps you to distinguish between both the Item Categories.

Best regards,

Ankur

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yogi,

Sales order item category entirely different from delivery item category.

Sales order item category and delivery item category will have different control fields.

-->For sales order item category you can go through VOV7 transaction

-->For delivery item categories you can go through OVLP transaction

You can go through these transactions select the TAN itemcategory then go in to the details here you find the different control settings for sales order item category TAN and delivery item category TAN.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii yogi

you can check this thread and clear all your doubts

Good Luck

Riyaz