cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert a warning into an error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How to update a warning message into an error message....

For Example: If we check the field complete delivery in sales order the entire items and quantities should be

delivered in a single delivery document......

But its giving a warning message and then allowing for partial delivery.....

how to convert into a error message....

regards

ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What Ramanathan Raja explained is absolutely perfect.

Regards,

Sadanandam Kasarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramaswamy,

Please refer:

[Converting a Warning message to Error message and vice versa|http://www.sapfunctional.com/MM/Convert/messages.htm]

Important: I would like to mention here, that you can't change SAP Standard Message (say, with Message Class - V1, for example).

To change the behavior of these SAP Messages, you have to have modify the standard program.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One workaround for this would be to change the setting in Customer Master for partial delivery.

Change the value to C for Partial delivery per item in Customer Master Shipping Tab in Sales Area Data. You can also check the other values.

As for turning a warning in to an error u can perhaps use a field exit and code it to check whether del quantity = picked quantity.

Experts can give u more details regarding Error handling.

Dany

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When the warning message is thrown pls double click that message then you will get the message no like message class V1 no 023 like that

Note down that

In t code OVAH you can convert from warning to error of message classes V4 (all SD that is sales related messages)

In t code OVM1 you can convert from warning to error of message classes VL (all SD that is distribution related messages)

But your message class and message no should lie in the lists of messages given in these t codes

The messages in these t codes SAP has given for us for customizing that is mainly V4 and VL

Any thing other than these message classes like V1 etc has to done thro development only

This has to be done thro development only not possible thro customization

Go to SE91

1.Input the message class V1

2..Input the message no say 061 in no and execute

3.select the message no and click on where used list (ctrlshiftF3)

4.select the box programming and deselect all others

5. Then a list of programs where this error message is used will appear

6.Double click description on the right side of your screen

7.Here you can see the codings written for this message 061 which can be changed to warning to error

Note

The best way to do it is with ABAPer only

Not recommended to change the standard settings

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you just tell me the paths for OVAH and OVM1

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Arumugam

I dont have access to SAP Right now i am at home

But still i will make a try

OVAH -

img--sd-sales--sales documents----define variable messages

OVM1 -

img-logistics executionshipping--system modifications-specify characteristics of system messages---define message types of system messages

I hope this will lead to correct path

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

Were you able to convert the warning to an error message? I am having similar requirement at my company.

The message number is VL049 but I don't see the message number in OVM1 transaction.

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Since these are sap standard delivered ones u have to change the standard program which is not recommeneded.

Either write to sap for this or else go for the fied exit/user exit.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

MV50AFZ1 user exit -FORM USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE

Here specify the logic check the sales order if complete delivery is checked or not.

If it is checked then the delivery should be allowed completely other wise give an error message.

Be specific according to ur requirement in user exit.

Hope understood.HopeThis will work out

Thanks

former_member214084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Really nice explanation. Helped me sort out my issue.