cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to derive PROJ (project) from COEP-OBJNR (single item of CO object)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

I need to find a direct relation between the object number of a controlling object single line item (field COEP-OBJNR), which represent a PSP-element and the corresponding project definition (table PROJ). Well, I know the db table ONRPR (Index object number PSP-element), which helps me to derive a PSP-element from the object number in the field COEP-OBJNR.

But which db tables exist to derive the project definition the PSP-element is assigned to?

Do I need to evalute tables PRPS or PRHI? Or is there a function module or any method of a class which does the derivation for me?

Many thanks for any support.

Best regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If OBJNR starts with PD...then it is a OBJNR for Project Definition...u can insert OBJNR in PROJ table and corresponding PSPID gives Project Definition.....if OBJNR starts with PR...then it is a OBJNR for WBSE...u can insert OBJNR in PRPS table and corresponding PSPHI gives Project Definition of that WBSE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question regarding to an example, that contradicts your answer.

You say that if objnr starts with PR, it is an object for WBSE, so it comes from PS right?

I found some records in the view COVP, where the ORGVG field contains RMRP for example. This means that the record comes from materials managament and has nothing to do with PS.

What do you guys think?

Efren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Please go thru this link:

Regards,

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

For PSP element you can use PRPS table. the field PSPHI is the corresponding project definition. The relation between PRPS and PROJ is PROJ-PSPNR=PRPS-PSPHI. COEP-OBJNR =PRPS-OBJNR for PSP element and COEP-OBJNR=PROJ-OBJNR for project definition. Please note OBJNR is unique and hence PROJ-OBJNR and PRPS-OBJNR is different.

Regards,

Showmix.