cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport order in production build

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are rolling out ECC 6.0 and NW 7.0 (BI) at the same time. We are having a lively discussion on how to apply the transports to the two systems.

One camp wants to import all ECC 6.0 transports first followed by all BI transports, each in the order they were released.

The second camp wants the transport order intermingled. For example the transports would go like:

Transport 1 in ECC

Transport 2 in ECC

Transport 3 in BI

Transport 4 in ECC

Transport 5 in BI

Does anyone know of a BI requirement that makes this necessary?

What have other people done?

TIA,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as BI and ECC are concerned here ECC just acts as source system for reports being generated by BI. So the development and transports related to BI is totally different from ECC.

So transport requests are independant of each other.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this thread is answered, but I wanted to provide a little clarification for future reference.

>Its not necessary to mix up the orders in both the system as its not dependent.

>So transport requests are independant of each other.

While both of these statements are true from a technical perspective, there is and can be a functional dependency between transports in the ERP and BW systems. That is, for some functionality to work, be updated, etc. like extractors, an import must occur in both systems. Now, as long as all imports are done in order in both systems, this is not a problem, and there is nothing gained by mixing first system A and then system B. However, if you were to stop in the middle, this could be an issue. Say, for example, you had imported everything into the BW system, and not the ERP system yet (or vice versa). It is then possible that extractions can fail. This is pretty rare, as you can import into both systems at the same time and/or just stop extractions while you import into both systems. But, I believe, it is what the second camp is (needlessley) concerned with.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yea, Juan is right... Only relation between the transports of BI and ECC system will be the data source and transfer rules etc.. But it has nothing to do with the order to be imported in ECC and BI .

But make sure you import every transport in ECC in the correct order and also the BI in the correct order.

May be you can say :

Transport 1 in ECC

Transport 2 in ECC

then the BI transports:

Transport 1 in BI

Transport 2 in BI

Its not necessary to mix up the orders in both the system as its not dependent.

Regards,

Jazz

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as the transport order in each separate system is correct I cannot see a reason for transporting 1 here and 2 there.... I think you should implement the transports independently.

Regards

Juan