Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use the S_RS_AUTH object for multiple authorizations?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We currently use the S_RS_AUTH object to secure Country and Pay Area.

Is it possible to create a second (separate) analysis authorization for a totally different area like Cost Center?

In other words, I would have two analysis authorizations. One with County and Pay Area and another with Cost Center.

It looks like it is possible, but not clearly spelled out in the manual.

Thanks in advance, for any assistance.

Penny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Penny,

SAP states that A user that has a profile with the authorization object S_RS_AUTH and has entered 0BI_ALL there (or has included it, for example with the pattern *) has complete access to all data.Soo you have to make the entry as specified above.Hoping your query will be solved.

Have a best day ahead.

4 REPLIES 4

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Penny,

SAP states that A user that has a profile with the authorization object S_RS_AUTH and has entered 0BI_ALL there (or has included it, for example with the pattern *) has complete access to all data.Soo you have to make the entry as specified above.Hoping your query will be solved.

Have a best day ahead.

0 Kudos

Please stop copy-pasting irrelevant stuff into this forum.

If you think SAP help can be of use just link to the page like this:

[SAPhelp: Assigning Authorization to a User|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/e3/fc8b41b5b3b45fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

Besides that I think Penny already knows how to assign authorizations to users so I've taken the liberty of hitting the abuse button on your post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Sorry if my message was confusing. We do not have a test client so I am leary of testing my theory. I am very familiar with R/3 Security but BI is new to me. But, I believe I've been reading that I can in fact use the same object; S_RS_AUTH, and create multiple and different authorizations.

One authorization for Country and Pay (with 2 fields) and a totally new authorization using the same object for Cost Center (with only one field)..

Does this sound correct?

This is a new theory to me and if I have it right, it will be very beneficial.

Thanks for the feedback.

Penny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help. A consultant built our roles and I was able to do some research and find the answer to my question. Which is yes! You do use the S_RS_AUTH group to create multiple and different authorizations. And then, you can insert one or several different authorizations (same object) into a role.

I knew this was a new, unique concept and glad I finally figured it out.

Thank you all.

Penny