cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few questions RE ECC6 IDES

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to run my own demo system such that I can learn and perform experiments/exercises. I am downloading the ECC6 IDES through the SAP MarketPlace and have a few questions:

1. I see a listing of 23 files for "IDES SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 Inst.": 51034985_part01.exe - 51034985_part23.rar. There are some other files for the kernel, etc. but to have a successful ECC6 IDES install, are these 23 Export CDs sufficient?

2. Which 64-bit Windows-based OSes are supported? I would like to use a 64-bit Win OS due to I have 4GB RAM and looking to upgrade to 8GB shortly.

3. Does the ECC6 IDES come with a working installation of BI 7.0 along with the Java stack? Besides the funcitonal modules, I would also like to use some features in BI 7.0 such as Query Designer, Report Designer, and play around with RSA1.

If someone can answer some or all of the questions, that would be great!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1. I see a listing of 23 files for "IDES SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 Inst.": 51034985_part01.exe - 51034985_part23.rar. There are some other files for the kernel, etc. but to have a successful ECC6 IDES install, are these 23 Export CDs sufficient?

Yes you required Kernel Oracle, Oracle PatchOracle Client Java Component, Buisness Suite, InstallationMaster & 23 Export files.

2. Which 64-bit Windows-based OSes are supported? I would like to use a 64-bit Win OS due to I have 4GB RAM and looking to upgrade to 8GB shortly.

Windows 2003 Server

3. Does the ECC6 IDES come with a working installation of BI 7.0 along with the Java stack? Besides the funcitonal modules, I would also like to use some features in BI 7.0 such as Query Designer, Report Designer, and play around with RSA1.

During installation you can decide which stack you want to install ABAP+JAVA or ABAP only, and for BI you need to add BI contents in IDES also

Regards

Subhash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help!