cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Upload on Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I need to build the functionality to do a File upload on Visual Composer. The user should be able to select a file from his local PC and upload it into a table or DSO.

I have created a function module that uses the function 'GUI_UPLOAD' to do the upload. If I execute the FM from transaction SE37 it works fine, selects the file and loads the data into the table. However, if I embed that FM into Visual Composer it does not work anymore.

Is it because it uses GUI technology that cannot be called from java environment of VC?

Anybody has a hint on how to solve this? Is there any standard functionality to do it?

Thanks,

Salvador Gimeno

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dear colleagues,

I need to build the functionality to do a File upload on Visual Composer. The user should be able to select a file from his local PC and upload it into a table or DSO.

I have created a function module that uses the function 'GUI_UPLOAD' to do the upload. If I execute the FM from transaction SE37 it works fine, selects the file and loads the data into the table. However, if I embed that FM into Visual Composer it does not work anymore.

Is it because it uses GUI technology that cannot be called from java environment of VC?

Yes, the GUI_UPLOAD relies on the "SAP Gui connection" which is not possible in a Web environnement like the Visual Composer.

In languages such as Web Dynpro (Java or ABAP) or BSP, you can upload file to the server.

You might have to "mix" technologies to provide upload and still keep using VC.

Anybody has a hint on how to solve this? Is there any standard functionality to do it?

I think this upload functionality is about to be released with Ehp1

Answers (0)