Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating total quantity of an MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have maintain an MIC WEIGHT.

When an Raw Material is example A is procured.Material A in that lot has many pieces of different weight qtyies.

In that PO of Material Weights are 55,55,56,54,57,58=total weigth is 334,

My client want to enter weigth for each piece and then get total weight seperately

I know we have to maintain formula for that MIC and but can we maintain many enteries for single MIC and then get total weight

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ram,

I have not tested same scenario so far, but I am sure that if you create quantitative MIC with with selection of Single Result indicator then system will allow you to enter multiple result for same MIC.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nehal,

Thanks for your quick response.

Regards

Ram

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks gurus for yours answer,i am closing this this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I just want to bit more about your business

are you mainitaing seriel no.'s?

if not what is the importance{ how business will know }this piece weight is x/y kg?

Thanks

Sami

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram

As pointed out by nehal you cannot do the summation in the same mic but in another mic.

Regards

Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram

You can option of calcualted characteristic for your requirement, But the summation is not available in the standard. So you should go for a development. I have given 2 links for yuo for understanding the concept of calculated characteristic

Link: [link for calculate characteristic|]

Link: [Link for development|/message/6656039#6656039 [original link is broken]]

Hope this helps

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

Thanks for for qick reply.i will chk it out and get bck to you

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

I am clear of concept of concept of calculatedcharacteristics but is possible to calculate the sum of resulst enter for one MIC.

Regards

ram

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understanding sum of one MIC for which you have done RR multiple time with help of - single result indicator functionality - is not possible, but you can do sum of two or more different MIC result in next one.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Compile Nehal's and Vinay's replies and your problem will get resolved.

Put the radio button active for "Scope Not Fixed" and "Single Result" for the MIC WEIGHT.

Ok now at the time of RR as Vinay has described, you will be able to record the result for MIC as many times as you wished. But as per best of my understanding you will not get the Sum of these results this way.

To achieve either you need to maintain a separate MIC as TOTAL WEIGHT where you will manually calculate the sum and enter in it.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal,

I am have done all above settings told you,Nehal and Vinay,my client wants excatly what you have mention in las t line of your reply to my question,THEY SUM OF THE TOTAL WEIGTH OF ALL ENTERIES MAINTAIN,I HAD GIVEN THEM SOLUTION OF MAINTAINING MIC TOTAL WIEGTH BUT THEY ARE NOT SATISIFED AS THEY WILL TO CALCULATE THE VALUE MANUALLY

REGARDS

RAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramkumar,

you can maintain many enteries for single MIC for that while creating MIC you have to maintain inspection scope indicator as scope not fixed and in result confirmation single result recording.

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vinay,

Thanks for your quick response.

Regards

Ram