cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send BOM components to APO regardless of the key explosion date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, SAP gurus, there is an issue I would like to share with you and ask for advice.

A production plant can precisely plan material usage. A BOM is created in advance and the following components are listed (it's just an example)

item 0100 Material A q-ty 1000 EA valid form 01.03.2009 valid unitl 31.07.2009

item 0100 Material B q-ty 1000 EA valid from 01.08.2009 valid until 31.20.2009

Basically Material B replaces Material A. The BOM is maintained using change management.

A Production Version (only 1 exists) using this BOM alternative.

My question is how to CIF the data so that the PPM includes both components with their appropriate validities, so APO to plan orders till 31.07.2009 with material A and orders from 01.08.2009 with material B.

In the IntModel for PPMs there is an option which allows me to select the explosion date. but as this date is only one, no matter what I select it will transfer only one component. The one that is valid as per that date.

I have read a thread here and checked SAP note 453198, but the comments are not encouraging.

I have tried with CPF3, but as the BOM is created in advance, the system provides a message that no master data changes exist - transfer has not taken place.

Have anyone come to this issue? Is there a suitable Uexit to use and how?

Your hel will be greatly appreciated.

BR

Ivan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What release are you on? For alternate sequences, do you have multiple production version (multiple PPM) or do you have one production version resulting in a single ppm with multi modes? In the latter case, we apply 217200 and adjust the explosion logic based on the ECM integration model.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evan,

If I understand your requirement, If you run the planning run at factory, you want the system to create planned orders until with 31.07.2009 based on BOM1 with material A and planned orders after 01.08.2009 with BOM2 based on material B. Is that right?

I have a suggestion for you: You can create two BOMs with the material A valid from today till 31.07.2009 and material B valid from today till may be 31.12.9999 ( or any date in future you wish).

Then create 2 different versions one with BOM1 and other with BOM2. CIF them to create 2 different PPMs.

Now go to quota arrangements ( transaction /sapapo/scc_tq1), create two quota arrangements for the material with PPM1 valid from today till 31.07.2009 and PPM2 valid from 01.08.2009 till then end. This will create orders in the system with both BOMs.

Please let me know if this proposal works for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, guys, thank you very much for your feedback. You have understood me correctly.

I am well aware that I could do with different Production Versions. This solution just arises several questions. What is the point to maintain additional production version and another PPM? If CIF could transfer all components (and their replacements) with the appropriate validity periods APO could plan properly, without the need to created another PV, another PPM, another quota arrangement. Just too many objects in case of frequent changes.

Dave, just FYI, our R/3 system is on release 5.0, level 18. And the APO is release 4.10, level 16.

If you have any additional thoughts, please share them.

Thank you and regards

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Visu,

We are facing a similar issue. The planner wants to maintain the 2 components with different validities in BOM. I tried testing maintaining 2 BOMs with the 2 components. The PPDS and SNP PPM, both get generated. However, the heursitics fails to run on the header compoenet. The error message that it gives is ''Location not found'.

The heuristics runs succesfully if i delete both the PPMs. However its of no use since there is no explosion in PPM during the heursitics run.

I am on APO 4.6.

Have you come across any such scenario? pls suggest.

Rgds, Sandeep