Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Master Record : Which table the Email Id stored?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Which table and what is the field the Email id stored in.

I checked the USR02 and some other tables and I did't find it.

Thanks.

Rgds,

Raj.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor

In newer versions of SAP all address data is stored in the central address tables.

ADR6 holds the e-mail address, use USR21 to link the userid (BNAME) to the PERSNUMBER.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Have you considered trying a search for this?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Yes, I did. But did't find it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

I think this isn't a very frequently asked question (yet). Maybe something for the sticky?

Just searched om USR21 in the last year and found 6 threads. Reasonable enough.

Julius, how about a sticky/tutorial on searching? You seem to be very good at it........

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Feb 13, 2009 2:27 PM

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

Have a great weekend !!

Rgds,

Raj.

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor

In newer versions of SAP all address data is stored in the central address tables.

ADR6 holds the e-mail address, use USR21 to link the userid (BNAME) to the PERSNUMBER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I run into to this problem many moons ago and the solution is to run tcode SQVI.

Create a query and join the following tables (USR21 & ADR6) and use the relevant fields. I have the complete steps documented in a procedure if you need it posted on this thread.

Let me know and good luck!

0 Kudos

>

> I run into to this problem many moons ago and the solution is to run tcode SQVI.

>

> Create a query and join the following tables (USR21 & ADR6) and use the relevant fields. I have the complete steps documented in a procedure if you need it posted on this thread.

>

> Let me know and good luck!

OK - Here it is! I forgot I got the step by step procedure on this forum

You can get the information through one more option also. In case of function module you need to execute the module again and again for each user or may be need to write a report. I would like to suggest you an alternative. That is making use of queries.

1. Go to transaction SQVI.

2. In the input field Quick View give the any name for query for example Z_EMAIL_ADD.

3. Choose create option. In the resulting pop up give description in Title field. In data source choose TABLE JOIN. Select Basis mode.

4. In the next screen choose INSERT TABLE pushbutton and in the pop up give USR21. Then again choose INSERT TABLE pushbutton and this time give ADR6.

5. Now go back using back arrow or F3.

6. Now in the new screen you will be under the tab strip List fld select.. From that entries under available filed (on right hand side) select User name in user master record and the first entry for Internet mail (SMTP) address. Now using single arrow pushbutton pointing towards left move these fields to tabstrip List fld select.

7. Now go to tabstrip selection filed. As done in step 6 move User name in user master record under it.

8. Save the changes and go back. A pop up will come asking you to save quick view Z_EMAIL_ADD. Choose yes.

9. Now execute the query. In the input field you can give one user or multiple users at a given time.

This approach is easier and time saving in my opinion and gives output in desirable format.

Regards,

-John N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved - Thank you all for the help

Best Regards!!