cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

impact of moving a user from one organisational unit to another.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

my system description :

extended classic

srm 5.00

I am new to srm and i would have some questions about the impact of moving a user from one organisational unit to another.

The senario is that:

I have moved a user from organisational unit X to Y lets say different purchasing organisation

The user had PO created in organisational unit X waiting for goods receipt but even if he is now in organisational unit Y he can still create the good receipt for the PO created in organisational unit X .

Is it ok?

Futhermore not only can he create good receipt but the good receipt take the cost center assigned in organisational unit Y whereas the PO has the cost center of organisation X.

I believe that is how the confirmation works in SRM. However is there a way for it to take account assignment from the PO instead of where the user is situated in the org hierarchy when doing confirmation.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Jagadish for your reply

You said that even if the user is in a different Organisation unit he can still confirm goods receipt from the old one but in our case the confirmation is done using the cost centre of the new Organisation unit. Should the confirmation be done using the old cost centre? I mean the PO uses the old cost centre and the confirmation is done using the new cost centre.

regards,

Yannick

Former Member
0 Kudos

No matter where user exists, account assignment in GR will be leveraged from PO and not from user attributes. I tested GR confirmation in my system and cost center was picked same as PO and not from user attributes.

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers

Maybe i should explain how the user was moved.

I did not used users_gen because i didn't want the user's partner ID to be changed. If the partner ID is changed then the user would not be able to access PO from old Organisation Unit. (can somebody confirm this please)

I did right click on the wanted Organisation Unit then assign the user. The problem is that the relationship between the user partner ID and the new organisation unit was not maintained and the user could not create shopping cart in the new organisation unit.

To solve this issue oss note 1041701 was implemented and the issue was solved.

But before the the implementation of oss note 1041701, if the user had open items from old organisational unit he could not access PO thus could not confirm goods receipt when moved in new organisation unit.

Now this is possible he can confirm goods from old unit but the confirmation is done using cost centre of user instead of the cost centre of the PO.

Jagadish you said that the confirmation must be done using PO accounting details not the user attributes. Then i think i have a problem in my system.

regards,

yannick.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When a user moved to new organization mainly he should take acare about the there should not be any open PO's to confirm.

Once user assigned to new org unit, he won't be able to access the PO's created under old org unit, moreover he won't be able to confirm also. He won't be able to access the old shopping carts.

Thanks & Regards,

Govardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no problem in moving the user between the org units. User can perform all activities in the new org unit. They can still confirm goods for their old POs (from old org unit). SRM looks at the user ID and displays all POs in the GR screen.

When the user creates Shoping cart under new org unit, then it will follow the new org unit workflow, if the approvers are defined in the user attributes or through org structure (1 level, 2 level, etc)

Regards,

Jagadish