Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

START/STOP Decentral Adapter Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

We have a decentral adapter Engine .

it is possible to start the adapter engine(decentral) if no conectivity exist with the XI central system?

Thanks

Bogdan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andreas_stolz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan,

you can start the adapter engine by starting the whole Web AS Java. If the Web AS Java's User Management (decentral ae) is configured to use the Integration Server's Users, you cannot start the decentral ae without connection to the Integration Server.

Rgds.,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

But how can i install an decentral adapter engine ( instalation guide said the local ae to be used with ABAP System for users and groups) to be administrated centralized and locally?

Thanks

BOgdan

andreas_stolz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan,

you can install the Web AS Java for the decentral ae using its own database as the user store. You then have to define users and groups as described in SAP note 768148 (http://service.sap.com/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=DISPL_TXT&_NNUM=00768148&_NLANG=E). The service users must match your configuration, passwords need to be the same as in your integration server. You need at least the users:

- XIISUSER

- XIDIRUSER

- XIREPUSER

- XIRWBUSER

Rgds.,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Your response seems to be very helpful for us,

Now, this solution can be agreed for a productive xi landscape (in words of SAP licensing) with more decentralized ae instances ?

Regards,

Bogdan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

Please go through this link and see if it helps you in anyways:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/95d5e190-0201-0010-0daf-e9e...

Regards,

abhy

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

yes, of course. That's one of the reasons to use the decentral adapter engine: it is working even without connection to integration server.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Thanks for your help,

I try to start the engine, but nothing, in developer trace of server node i see that :

Thr 3204] * RELEASE 640

[Thr 3204] * COMPONENT NI (network interface)

[Thr 3204] * VERSION 37

[Thr 3204] * RC -10

[Thr 3204] * MODULE nixxi_r.cpp

[Thr 3204] * LINE 8684

[Thr 3204] * DETAIL NiPConnect2

[Thr 3204] * SYSTEM CALL SiPeekPendConn

[Thr 3204] * ERRNO 10060

[Thr 3204] * ERRNO TEXT WSAETIMEDOUT: Connection timed out

[Thr 3204] * COUNTER 1

[Thr 3204] *

[Thr 3204] *****************************************************************************

[Thr 2988] JLaunchIExitJava: exit hook is called (rc=-11113)

[Thr 2988] JLaunchCloseProgram: good bye (exitcode=-11113)

Regards

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

My 2 cents -Most of internal services are enabled thru webservices, so if you could access this via webservice, u should be able to start/stop ?