cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exetrnal breakpoints in RFCs aren't triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I want to debug my wdp app on the ABAP side. I set breakponts in the RFC which I call form the wdp app. But when I run/debug it, nothing happens - the app is working without stopping...

If I call this RFC from a Visual Composer app all works fine - breakpoints trigger and ABAP-editor raises.

What's wrong with wdp? Why it doesn't see breakpoints?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can follow two steps for external debugging :

Step1 :

First log into backend and then open the RFC.Set the portal user for whom the external debugging should be active using the following steps

Go to Utilities->Settings->

select "ABAP Editor" tab on top then select "Debugging" tab. Now select the Active. check box to activate the external debugging. Set a breakpoint in the RFC code.

Then log into portal and run the application.

Step2 :

1 - Goto sm50

2 - Select another instance by double clicking. in the same window open the RFC and put the breakpoint

3 - Then log in as the portal user.

Basically the breakpoint doesn't stop when the server instance for both backend and portal are different.

Thanks

Ritushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Then log into portal and run the application.

>

> Step2 :

>

> 1 - Goto sm50

> 2 - Select another instance by double clicking. in the same window open the RFC and put the breakpoint

> 3 - Then log in as the portal user.

>

> Basically the breakpoint doesn't stop when the server instance for both backend and portal are different.

>

>

> Thanks

> Ritushree

I don't understand the 2nd step. Instance of what should I select?

When I go to sm50 I see list of processes. And when I execute my app nothing changes in this list. But if I do this from VC, as I said before, my proccess appeares in this list as well.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for the link, but I've already seen it. Our admin went through it and did all necessary settings and no results after that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do use SM51 instead SM50.

After logging to the SAP GUI . In the right hand side of the abap workbench you will find in which instance u are currently logged (the place from where u information on client ,system, user ..etc.).

Then try with the transaction SM51 . You will get a list of server. Select a server-instance (system name-any 2 digit number) from the list (don't select the server-instance in which u are currently logged in.) And then in the same window ,open the RFC and put the breakpoint. Then log into the portal.

Thanks

Ritushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only one user can use debuging. Above replays are alse true.

set user name in between your code.

you can read your user by using IWDClientUser

Best Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Then try with the transaction SM51 . You will get a list of server. Select a server-instance (system name-any 2 digit number) from the list (don't select the server-instance in which u are currently logged in.) And then in the same window ,open the RFC and put the breakpoint. Then log into the portal.

>

> Thanks

> Ritushree

In SM 51 there is only 1 instance.

I've checked usernames and they are the same for setting breakpoints and web dynpro calling. It's very odd... I still don't have any idea why breakpoints are ignored.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

The Login User/pwd for the ABAP backend and username /pwd for setting JCO 's should be same .

Otherwise RFC will not be triggered on setting external breakpoint.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> HI

>

> The Login User/pwd for the ABAP backend and username /pwd for setting JCO 's should be same .

>

> Otherwise RFC will not be triggered on setting external breakpoint.

We did this but still have the same behavior.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes it happens with me. I usually stop the service and the problem was solved.

But sometimes you may using diferent users to acess the WD and your RFC. Make sure that it is not happening.

In last case you can follow this proceed:

1 - edit you abap source adding a infinity loop.

x = 1.

while x = 1.

x = x.

endwhile.

2 - start you WD app

3 - Goto sm50

4 - Edit the process in loop.

5 - change the value of x and continue debugging.

Verify the SY-UNAME and compara with the User setting up in the external break.

good lucky...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, I'm back!

I've found that I execute my wd app and set breakpoints from different user.

The user for the wd app is USER.R3_DATASOURCE.J2EE_GUEST. So, where in the wd app I can set my normal credentials?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the application property in WD set the Authentication to true.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx! I did it. Now the users are the same. But exceptions are ignored again... What can be wrong?

Should I pass my credentials to a bapi model class?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bazanov,

Did you activate the External Debugging for R3 user? If not, then u have to activate this for external debugging.

To activate, go to Function Module where you want to put break point, then Go to Utilities->Settings->

select "ABAP Editor" tab on top then select "Debugging" tab. Now select the Activ. check box to activate the external debugging.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see here the "IP-mathcing" checkbox. Is it what I need to check? Anyway, when I did this nothing happened. I mean exceptions are still ignored.

But they are raised well from an Visual Composer app.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you set the break-points in RFC and you want to trigger those break pints from front end then the user who logged into portal & R/3 should be same. Otherwise the applications works without stopping at break-points.

Thanks & Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I know. I do this (set breakpoints and execute a wdp app) from one user as I do with a VC app. But in the second case it works

May be I should restart server after importing aRFC models?