Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS-SD integration is it possible to create a Whole WBS Structure

luca_pastura
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello to everybody,

I'm involved in project in which there is a strict integration SD-PS. Each sales order item should be assigned to a specific WBS element. I found SD/PS assignment indicator, in control data of standard project definition. i customized the coding mask to create an operative project after sales order saving which code is a suffix concatenate to sales order number. example if sales order number is 290 the project will be E-270. Unfortunately the WBS elements don't change. So the first level of WBS (the billing element) and second levels (account levels) mantain the code of standard WBS. I wish that also their operative code could be automatically determined.

In the previuos example I wish the project coming out so structured

E-270 (project)

E-270 (aggregating first level)

E-270-0010 (second level related to sales order item 0010)

and so on...

Is it possible by standard. actually I tried but first and second levels are proposed as in standard project so I have to manually change them by replacing...

Thank's in advance

Luca Pastura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please create a standard template for the project with say E-999. The steps of the project will be

Proj Defn : E-999

Root level WBS: E-999

1st Level WBS : E-999-0010

2nd Level WBS : E-999-0020, etc

Now when we create a new project (say E-209) with copy from the standard template E-999 then all the thing will be copied and the project will be like

Proj Defn : E-209

Root level WBS: E-209

1st Level WBS : E-209-0010

2nd Level WBS : E-209-0020, etc

Regds,

Uddhab

luca_pastura
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Uddhab,

thank you for your suggestion. I've tried and it seems to function. the only problem is that for the first level root the system creates a suffix equal to second level root. in other words it creates two wbs equal.

example.

i created the standard project

GA.9999999999

GA.9999999999

GA.9999999999.09999

GA.9999999999.00010

GA.9999999999.00020

I assigned GA.9999999999.00010 to standard network used as template for sd order processing. when saving the sales order number 190 the system tries to generate this operative structure

proj def GA.0000000190

1 GA.0000000190.00010 Aggregation

2 GA.0000000190.00010 Confirmation 0010

and it gives error as two wbs elements are equal.

can you help me?

thank's in advance

Luca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you doing the same using the DIP profile or you are assigning the WBS in the sales order - account assignment tab.

If it is a DIP profile problem then please check the settings for the DIP profile. However if you are assigning the WBS in the sales order then i don't think you will be getting as such messages.

Regards

Uddhab

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think in std SAP you will need to allow multi root in project profile for this to work

this means you will get level 1 WBS for every sales order line item

you need to have the SD/PS assignment ticked in config

the operative indicator can be preset in the template

if you are looking for one root then you will need development

luca_pastura
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hy,

i've not understood very well when you write "you need to have the SD/PS assignment ticked in config

the operative indicator can be preset in the template"

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SD/PS - sorry not in config but template on the project definition

operative indicator is the accoutn assingment, billing or planning indicator

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luca,

If I understood your requirement correctly, the following options may help.

1. Maintain Substitutions

Customizing path

Project System -> Structures -> Operative Structures -> Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)

2. Business Add-In: Project Definition (BUS2001)

Business Add-In: WBS Elements (BUS2054)

Customizing path

Project System -> Structures -> Operative Structures -> Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)->Enhancements for Project Definition and WBS Elements

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

luca_pastura
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hy Zhembo,

thank's ina davnce for your answer. I've tried with substitution but PRPS-POSID in not among the fields that i can select for modifying.