cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining two messages into one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a mapping issue, I have a business process in which I have to combine two messages into one.

To do so, I have defined a message mapping in which there are two source message types, and one target message type.

When testing the message mapping in the IR, it works fine, but when I define and test an interface mapping with that same message mapping, I receive this error message:

"Cannot produce target element /ns0:Messages/ns0Message1/MY_IDOC_TYPE/MY_SEGMENT. Check xml instance is valid for source xsd and target-field mapping fulfills requirements of target xsd."

What am I doing wrong ?

How am I supposed to combine two messages into one ?

Thanks,

Elad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in the BPM monitor for the container object of the mapping source, if they are filled correctly.

Take the messages within these container objects as input for the mapping test.

Regards

Stefan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

Just see if you have included both you source message interfaces and one target nessage interface correctly in while doing your interface mapping.....

The most common mistake made when we do scenarios which include combination of two source message types into one target type are:

- we forget to include both the source message interfaces.

- or we interchange between one of the source message interface with the target.

Just see if either of the 2 is aplicable in your case and just activate all components as and when you create them..

Regards,

abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the occurence of the "Message1" in the target side.

You need to apply a mapping to the "Message1" on the target side that determines the occurence of the target message. This error occurs whenever, no target element is created but some inner element is created.

regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I change the occurance of my message type, the mapping doesn't produce error but also doesn't realy produce the target message.

When I look in the container of the mapping step, the outbound message (target) doesn't contain anything.

How should I define the occurance of my target message ?

Does it matter what is the occurance definition of my source messages ?

Thanks,

Elad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What version of XI are you currently using? As far as I know, you can only map 2 messages into 1 using the graphical mapper from SP14 onwards.

I had a similar problem and am on SP13, so I had to use a java mapping to solve this problem.

Hope that this helps,

Miguel

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

control (change) the occurance of interfaces of the interface mapping.

Regards,

Udo