Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts while doing example on WDJ-Using Web Dynpro Component Interface

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am doing the example mentioned in the PDF file WDJ - Using Web Dynpro Component Interface Definition.

In the PDF file its mentioned the following code inside onActionCreateDC1:

g_Usage.createComponent("com.sap.wd.childdc1comp.ChldDC1Comp");

wdThis.wdGetWDCompInterfInstInterface().passInfo(

"Created Child DC 1");

I have one query that what is com.sap.wd.childdc1comp.ChldDC1Comp?Is it the component name of DC or the package name of DC?

I have deployed the application.When i click on button Create Child DC1 i am getting follwing exception:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.deployment.api.WDDeploymentException: Failed to load deployable object part 'com.wartsila.test.ChileDC1Comp', type 'Component' of deployable object 'wartsila.com/DP_TutWDInterfaces'.

When i click on Create Child DC2 i am getting follwing exception:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException:Failed to create delegate for custom controller com.wartsila.test1.ChildDC2CompInterfaceCfg. (Hint: Is the corresponding DC deployed correctly? Does the DC contain the component?)

Can anybody tell how can i solve it?

Is it required to deploy the two child component also that is ChildDC1Comp and ChildDC2Comp?If yes then how to deploy these two child DC as when i am tryng to create application for these two component then default plug is showing blank thats why i am unable to deploy these child Dcs.

Thanks

Susmita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"com.sap.wd.childdc1comp.ChldDC1Comp" is the fully qualified name of the DC

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sanyev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Susmita,

Your error message says "com.wartsila.test.ChileDC1Comp". that means your component package is "com.wartsila.test" and component name is "ChileDC1Comp". Is this what you have created? I guess the document asks you to create the component with the package "com.sap.wd" and component name "ChldDC1Comp" and "ChldDC2Comp". The code given in the document is based on this assumption. I guess you have created the components with the wrong name.

If you deploy your webdynpro project then all the components in your project will get deployed. You can right click directly on the project and deploy. No need to create applications to deploy individual components.

Regards,

Sanyev

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Susmita,

Is it required to deploy the two child component also that is ChildDC1Comp and ChildDC2Comp?

Yes , u have to deploy both the components.

when i am tryng to create application for these two component then default plug is showing blank thats why i am unable to deploy these child Dcs.

U need not create an Application for deploying the component .Right Click on ur project --> Deploy.

The problem is with ur Component, while creating a Component u should have created a Interface view and default StartUp plug.

Just check whether u have Created the startup plug for ur interface view.

Open the controller editor of ur interface view --> Select Plugs Tab .

and in the plug tab , check whether u have Default Start plug (in Inbound Plugs Table).

if there is no Default Start Plug , then click the Button New to create a Default Plug .

in the pop up window -- select Stsrt Up and Give the name of the plug as "Default".

After doing this , select the default plug and Right click on the plug -->copy and Open the window Controller editor -- > select Plugs Tab --> check whether u have default plug (in Inbound plugs) in the Window controller .

if the plug is not there , then paste the plug in the Window's Inbound Plug Table .

Hope it helps

Thanks and Regards

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fazal,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the ChilDC InterfaceView and its using the InterfaceView defined in InterfaceView definition under web Dynpro Componet Interface.

I think in my case my Main component is uanble to recognize child Dc.Thats why i am getting exception.

Do you have any idea regarding the exception that i mentiond in this forum (on click og button) ?

Thanks Susmita

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Susmita,

from the erro log , it is very clear that the child components are not deployed.

please deploy the child components and run ur application. it will work .

else put the complete error log.

Thanks and regards

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aishwariya,

Thanks for quick reply.I am using the correct component name inside onActionCreate DC1.

when i run the application and click on button Create Child DC1 and Create ChildDc2 i am getting the exception posted on this thread.

Could you please tell how to solve?

Do you have project folder of the PDF file?If you will send to my id then i can cross check my code where the problem is?

Thanks

Susmita