cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Role Import of derived roles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to mass import derived roles. I have created the files Bulk Download File, Role Expert Information File and Primary Org Level File.

All these files are tab delemited text files.

But when i am uploading, it gives me error on Primary Org Level file format is incorrect.

Please suggest me on file format of Primary Org Level. We are on Role Expert 5.2.

Format I am using is

ROLE NAME<TAB>DERIVED ORG LEVEL<TAB>FROM VALUE<TAB>TO VALUE

My To Value is blank.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

I was able to upload all the derived roles. What i found was that, there is a limitation on number of rows for primary org value file. It could be limitation of RE 5.2 SP9.

Whenever, primary org value file use to exceed 500 rows, it gives format error.

So, then i restricted the primary org value file within 500 rows & upload went smoothly.

Now, there is one query.

Is it possible, that all the roles which are uploaded can be set to phase generated.

Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on GRC ERM 5.3 SP7....We are also facing an issue while uploading/importing the Derived Roles in ERM...

Please let us know the limitation of 500 rows being talked about here...is this stated anywhere...

When we upload the roles in small groups, import goes successfully, but as soon as the no. of roles goes high, it gives Enter a valid 22816 format error....

Could anyone please elaborate the meaning and specific reason behind this error....?

Thanks & Regards

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Abhijeet.

Please save your Primary Org Level text file as unicode text.txt. That should solve your issue.

Regards,

Michael Hannie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

I was getting same error. First and foremost, try doing this for only one record (role).

Remove the header information which contains a row about the format and try again.

Regards,

Alpesh