cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIS - No data exists

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to run a standard report, so configured the system as mentioned below.

1.Maintain Statistics Groups for Customer.

2. Maintain Statistics Groups for Material.

3. Maintain Statistics Groups for Sales Documents.

4. Assign Statistics Groups for Each Sales Document Type.

5. Assign Statistics Groups for each Sales Document Item Type.

6. Assign Statistics Groups for each Delivery Item Type.

7. Determine Billing document types relevant to statistics.

8. Assign Update Group at Item Level

9. Assign Update Group at Header Level

10. Assigned the values to Customer & Material Master.

11.Created one sales order, delivery & Invoice.

When I am running MCTA, I am getting the message as "No data exists for chosen selection".

Is there any other configuration require to enable standard reports?

Rgds,

Senni.B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MCTA transaction reads the table S001, I would start with simply going to SE16 and checking if there are any records in there. If not, then follow the suggestions above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your reply. I checked everything as stated above.All the entries are correct.

My Infostructure is getting updated correctly. I checked through MCVT, MCVV & MCVR also. But I am not getting the data from MCTA transaction.

Last year 11th month 2008 data are coming correctly from MCTA . But the current month data is not coming.

What may be the issue??

Rgds,

Senni.B

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you're saying that you do have records in S001 table with current month (i.e. SPMON = 200902), but when you go to MCTA transaction and enter 'Period to analyze' = 02/2009, it is not displaying any records? I kind of find this hard to believe...

Are you, by any chance, using an old 'selection version'? Otherwise consider sending a message to SAP about this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

i actually had the same observation with MCTI. everything worked perfectly in QAS. it was a different story in PROD, in a sense that the first batch of orders were being picked up. but after the first 100, the sales personnel data was no longer being picked up.

i tried working with the asynchronous/synchronous settings, to no avail. perhaps something we overlooked?

regards.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> i tried working with the asynchronous/synchronous settings, to no avail.

The difference between asynchronous and synchronous settings is purely technical. 'Synchronous' means that SIS table will be updated in the same process as the document. If SIS update fails, the document itself will not be saved either.

Asynchronous update means that SIS table update is independent from the document update itself. In this case the document will be saved, regardless of whether SIS update actually took place. For example, if there was some kind of a problem with SIS update, then the document look OK and the "trace" records in MCVV, etc. will appear OK, but you will not see a corresponding record in the SIS table. Instead, you will see an update termination message in SM13 transaction. (The users might also get an 'update termination' express message when saving the document, but usually no one is paying attention to those.) Basis admin should monitor SM13 in PRD environment, but sometimes they either don't do that or they don't know whom to inform.

Those MC... transactions are just simple reports that are reading Snnn tables according to the user's selection criteria. If there is no data in the database - they won't display anything, naturally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Sorry. Actually I am running the report for the 12th month of this financial year 2008-2009 i.e next month.

I thought it's a fiscal year. After changing the month to 11th i.e. current month, data coming in the output of MCTA.

Tell me, why the future month is coming by default in the selection???

I think, most of the people are facing the same problem because of this assumption.

Any thanks for all your efforts.

Rgds,

Senni.B

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I thought it's a fiscal year. After changing the month to 11th i.e. current month, data coming in the output of MCTA.

>

> Tell me, why the future month is coming by default in the selection???

In OMO1 transaction you may choose how the info structure to be updated. There is an option 'posting period' with fiscal year variant, but I've never used it myself and am not sure how it works. With this option you should see the period in S001-SPBUP field.

The selection parameters in MCTA are user-specific and you can change them - click on 'User settings' button, then click green checkmark to confirm the user ID and on the next screen click Parameters button. On the next screen you should be able to choose how many previous/future periods to include by default (at least in ECC 6.0).

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Customer,

maybe some customizing settings are not maintained or not correct.

To first check in transaction OMO1 if the infostructure is relevant for updating.

Afterwards please analyse the document via the following transactions:

MCVR > Simulate the updating for orders

MCVT > Simulate the updating for deliveries

MCVV > Simulate the updating for billing documents

1. Enter the document number

2.1 If your infostructure is displayed here, then the order should be updated but it can be that you have created the order before you have maintain your customizing for SIS. In this case it is necessary to rebuild the infostructure

2.2 If the infostructure is not displayed here, the press the button 'Analysis'

3. Doubleclick on 'Update group for document header'

Here you can see if a updategroup is determine on the header or if the updategroup is initial.

If the updategroup is initial, then your customizing is not complete.

4. Doubleclick on 'Update group on item level'

5. If the updategroup on item or header level is missing, the documents will be not updated, then you

should check your customizing and you can see here in the analysis which statistic groups for the

document type the material, the customer ect. are relevant for your document.

I hope that the information are helpful.

regards

Claudia

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senni

Check wheather you infostrucuture is updated or not updated

IMG->SPRO->Logistics General->Logistics Data Warehouse->Updating->Updating Control->Activate Update->Select your Infostrucuture and check wheather it has been updated or not updated

Regards

Srinath

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

YES,

I am also facing the same problem, -

I have done , same settings as you mentioned above & run the transactions, after running few transactions, i tried to check the customer wise sales, SIS is not getting updated-

Its giving same message as, No data exists"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think above settings are enought to get the SIS Report, but check whether any transactins have been happened after making the settings. Because in SIS report will not pick the records from old data.

please make some transactions and run the report, would will get the disired output.

Thanks

Neelima