cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use External Defiantion in Interface Mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to use External defination in Interface mapping? I used this ED in Message Mapping but I am unable to use the same ED for Interface Mapping?

In order to create Interface Mapping I need to create Message Interface and use it in Interface Mappiong?

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

its not possible to i think, why u want to use external definition in Interface Mapping??

Tell me your requirement...

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs.

I was wondering is it possible to use ED in Interface mapping?

I think its not possible so I created Message Interface from ED and created Interface Mapping.

Thanks once again for making me clear.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

External definitions is for importing avaliable external DTD,XSD or WSDLs instead of creating them in XI environment maually by creating elements under datatypes,assigning them too Message types and Message Interfaces etc.Where as you fo for Imported Archives to import externally done Mapping programs like JAVA,ABAP and XSLT mappings but not define Mesage interfaces.

So you can create message interface import appropriate External definition into it.Later use it during interface mapping.Hope you understand it.

Thanks,

Ram.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

External definations act as Message Types hence you can use in message mapping.

How ever interface mapping requires message interfaces. Hence you need to define message interfaces using these ED message types. Then you can use these interfaces in Interface mapping.

Thanks,

- Gujjeti.